Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Miami-Dade new Sutphens - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Apparatus and Department Scuttlebut (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Scuttlebut (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: Miami-Dade new Sutphens (/showthread.php?tid=294)

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - kammrk - 02-01-2016

Miami-Dade will receive (6) new 75' single rear axle Sutphen tower ladders april/may of this year. The first one was on display recently at the Florida Fire Chiefs show in Daytona Bch.

last month it was painted white over red but will be repainted the Silver over lime green colors of Miami-Dade Fire before delivery late this month or early next month. 

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - Juice - 02-01-2016

Wow! I am REALLY glad to hear this! I've still yet to see where the SPH100 was assigned.

Trav!

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - airlacey440 - 02-02-2016

I believe it went to station 26 as Platform 26

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - johndanger - 02-02-2016

Quote:I believe it went to station 26 as Platform 26

That's a SPH100

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - firescooby - 02-02-2016

Quote:Miami-Dade will receive (6) new 75' single rear axle Sutphen tower ladders april/may of this year. The first one was on display recently at the Florida Fire Chiefs show in Daytona Bch.

last month it was painted white over red but will be repainted the Silver over lime green colors of Miami-Dade Fire before delivery late this month or early next month. 
Are you sure they were 75' ladders or were they 70' platforms. I know there was a SP70 sold at the show.

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - firescooby - 02-02-2016

Just FYI, the truck at the show that Miami-Dade has signed a purchase agreement on was HS-5730, DEMO 419 Sutphen SP-70.

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - kammrk - 02-02-2016

Sorry I meant 70' mini tower's six in total, and yes the first 100' Tower went to 26's may also be another 100' tower on order with Sutphen.

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - TacSupport1 - 02-04-2016

Who did Miami-Dade use for Tower Ladders previously? Are these configurations a new thing for them?

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - Juice - 02-05-2016

Quote:Who did Miami-Dade use for Tower Ladders previously? Are these configurations a new thing for them?

I know they have 1 Pierce Velocity Midmount Tower, seems that most of these will be replacing ALF and Rosenbauer 75' ladders. The Sutphen, being as that it went to Ladder 26 I guess, replaced one of the Spartan/Rosenbauer 75' straight ladders, so that's a huge shift in direction for them. To answer your second question, I'd venture to say yes, being as that all of them are 75' rear mount sticks being replaced with 70' midmount platforms.

Trav!

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - ACPD227 - 02-05-2016

I remember them having several Simon Duplex LTI rear mount towers back in the late 1990's

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - firescooby - 02-05-2016

Quote: 

I know they have 1 Pierce Velocity Midmount Tower, seems that most of these will be replacing ALF and Rosenbauer 75' ladders. The Sutphen, being as that it went to Ladder 26 I guess, replaced one of the Spartan/Rosenbauer 75' straight ladders, so that's a huge shift in direction for them. To answer your second question, I'd venture to say yes, being as that all of them are 75' rear mount sticks being replaced with 70' midmount platforms.

Trav!
I think most of their Rosenbauer aerials are 60' (why in the world?). Think they have a Pierce stick too.

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - jim kay - 02-05-2016

Miami Dade has traditionally only run 2 Towers and then a mixture of the short ladders through the years... even tele squrt in years previous.. they run a mixture of Quints and standard engines across there roster..

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - firescooby - 02-05-2016

Quote:Miami Dade has traditionally only run 2 Towers and then a mixture of the short ladders through the years... even tele squrt in years previous.. they run a mixture of Quints and standard engines across there roster..
Doesn't make sense to me, especially considering ISO rating

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - TacSupport1 - 02-06-2016

Thanks guys. Anyone have a photo of the demo they purchased at Fire-Recue East?

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - firescooby - 02-06-2016

Yeah, but I don't know how to upload it

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - Juice - 02-07-2016

Quote:Yeah, but I don't know how to upload it

You can't in this thread unless you have a direct link, if it's just the photo, it has to be uploaded in the main photo thread.

Trav!

Miami-Dade new Sutphens - npfd801 - 02-07-2016

I seem to recall the 60 foot ladders were purchased primarily to be used as elevated master streams.  I think these were the first rigs that RK (Rosenbauer) configured to allow the nozzles to go above "horizontal" like the telesqurts did.  At least this is the line we got when I was selling Rosenbauer at the time.