Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Kennedy Space Center - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Kennedy Space Center (/showthread.php?tid=929)

Pages: 1 2

Kennedy Space Center - AFD Prescott - 02-21-2014

I was recently afforded the opportunity to go out to NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Brevard County, FL here are some pictures from the trip

Kennedy Space Center - AFD Prescott - 02-21-2014

Continuing

Kennedy Space Center - hank - 02-21-2014

Welcome aboard!  Good photos!

tHANKs

Kennedy Space Center - grubber33270 - 02-22-2014

How many stations do they run out of down there?

Kennedy Space Center - AFD Prescott - 02-22-2014

Josh they have 3 stations, use to be 4, but Canaveral Air Force Station broke off and is it's own Department now.

Kennedy Space Center - AFD Prescott - 02-22-2014

Squad 2

Kennedy Space Center - AFD Prescott - 02-25-2014

Engine 2 is the same as Engine 1

Tower 2

Hazmat 2

Kennedy Space Center - richie101 - 02-25-2014

What's there manpower look like per shift?

Kennedy Space Center - ACPD227 - 02-26-2014

Wow for ending the space shuttle (I know they have other launches) the fire department has a newer fleet.

Kennedy Space Center - AFD Prescott - 02-26-2014

For security reasons I didn't want to get weird looks asking about staffing as it was a chore enough to get in, I didn't want to get kicked off before I got started, but the staffing for the whole department is about 100 personell between 3 shifts. There are 3 front line Engines, and surprisingly only 5 ARFF units of which I'm not sure was staffed but 3 T1500's, a T3000, and the Striker

Kennedy Space Center - VFN102 - 02-26-2014

Quote:For security reasons I didn't want to get weird looks asking about staffing as it was a chore enough to get in, I didn't want to get kicked off before I got started, but the staffing for the whole department is about 100 personell between 3 shifts. There are 3 front line Engines, and surprisingly only 5 ARFF units of which I'm not sure was staffed but 3 T1500's, a T3000, and the Striker

Nice shots! Do you know if they run off base for mutual aid?

Kennedy Space Center - AFD Prescott - 02-26-2014

I do not know about running off the facility my guess would be no, they have 2 rescues (transport ambulances) the facility is a small city during the day and if the need arises a 3rd rescue will come over from Canaveral Air Force Station, if those resurces are depleted (seldom happens) They will call for Brevard County to bring a Rescue

Kennedy Space Center - Fire28 - 02-27-2014

Canaveral Air Force Station..... aka PATRICK AFB???

Kennedy Space Center - AFD Prescott - 02-27-2014

Canaveral does fall under Patrick AFB command, 2 separate facilities though.

Kennedy Space Center - grubber33270 - 02-27-2014

Do they still have that Tank looking Vehicle? I remember when I was 5 or 6 right around there going on the tour of that place, on the shuttle bus we passed one of the fire stations and i remember going nuts wanting to stop and see the stuff but the tank was sitting out front.

Kennedy Space Center - Dickey - 03-03-2014

Quote:Do they still have that Tank looking Vehicle? I remember when I was 5 or 6 right around there going on the tour of that place, on the shuttle bus we passed one of the fire stations and i remember going nuts wanting to stop and see the stuff but the tank was sitting out front.

When I toured it about 10 years ago now they had 3 old army personnel carriers lined up outside one of the fire stations. Those were supposedly the vehicle the rescue team would take to the launch pad if needed....explosion proof. They were just old APC's painted yellow with a red stripe labeled 3, 4, & 5 if I remember right. I snapped a picture and will see if I can find it.

Kennedy Space Center - grubber33270 - 03-03-2014

Thanks I was there before I even knew what a camera was. It had to be 95 or 96 when I saw just one of them on an apron.

Kennedy Space Center - jshippey - 03-03-2014

Impressive looking fleet