Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago IL Still Alarm December 5, 2013
Hey all,

I don't luck out too often and be in a great spot (or what you think would be a great spot) for early operations at a fire. However, this past Thursday I was relaxing at my parents, visiting, watching Emergency! and heard sirens. Decided to figure it out after I saw the 21st Battalion go by. I ended up following Truck 50 into the scene, which was 1.5 blocks away...unfortunately for me, Engine 129 knocked the fire really quick.

Anyway, here are the photos of what I did manage to get. Not much to see due to the quick knock of a one room bedroom fire.

This is right after I parked and walked around the corner. Fire was in the 9000 block of South Bell

The time between the above photo and the below photo is about 3 minutes.

Truck 50 in a spare set up in the Sector 1/4 corner or Division A/D

[color="#FF0000"]D Herndobler[/color]
Sector 1: Battalion 20 (in gear) was the RIT Chief with Truck 59. The truck was set up on the Sector 2/3 corner, but they were released before I made my way around the corner. The 20th Battalion is talking with the IC, Battalion 21.

The truck crews were up on the roof working for a bit even after the fire was knocked. It was a flat roof, somewhat rare in this neighborhood, and I am going to guess there is a cockloft like space in the house since it is similar in construction to a friend's in the same neighborhood.

Engine 129 should be second due, not sure how they ended up with the hydrant and preconnect off. Very convenient hydrant placement.

Lighting was a bit challenging between the rig lights, street lights and natural light, didn't seem like my camera liked any of the options for light balance with the changing angles.

An overall scene view. Truck 59 was down the block to the left. The RIT ambo had parked behind where this photo was taken and set up in Sector 1.

Truck 40 with the stick up in Sector 2.

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs