Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA-Canada Trip 2013
Here are the four remaining photos from my Northwest-trip.

I made arrangements in advance for visiting the Portland International Airport FD. Unfortunately, as you see, the weather was not cooperating.

Truck 815 is a 2005 Oshkosh Striker 1500. It has a 1950 gpm-pump and carries 1500 gallons of water, 210 gallons of foam, and 500 # of dry chemicals.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Truck 816 is this 2001 Rosenbauer Panther. It has a 2000 gpm-pump and carries 3000 gallons of water, 360 gallons of foam, and 500 # of Halon. It will be replaced in 2014 with a Striker 3000.

Truck 817 from the Portland International Airport FD is this huge 2007 Oshkosh Striker 4500. It is equipped with a 1950 gpm-pump and carries 4500 gallons of water, 520 gallons of foam, 500 # of Purple-K, and 500 # of Halotron.

<sup>And the last apparatus from Portland Airport and from my trip is Squad 881. It is a 2005 Pierce Dash HDR.</sup>

<sup>I hope, this thread was of some interest.</sup>

<sup>Juergen</sup>

Juergen -- great photos.  Next time you're in the area, if you need any help or info, drop me a PM.

Great thread, great photos. Much appreciated.

Juergen, I have been enjoying you photos for years! Thanks.

Quote: 

Anyone know how in the world they get enough air to flow to keep this rig from over heating. I know older apparatus were designed to not have a grille but this chasis was not.

I believe that western states use to modify everything and run it out of the top to get the proper air flow. If it has a smaller engine it would be a big deal. big block is a different story. The new dash CF doesn't need a grille to have proper airflow today so i am sure they had something figured out. Western states usually built a durable truck