Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spartan/Quality/Ai 85' platforms
Quote:Wow! Anybody know the wheelbase on that truck? Looks like 300"+ 
Thanks Travis I don't have copies of my photos in my squad car. I have not seen this rig in about a year but assume its still here alone with the Pierce-sutphan reserve tower. 

Like I said it took a mile to turn. When delivered this truck had to be returned and re worked when it turned left the right front wheel would come off of the ground. This rig was either an engine or an old engine parts were used to build the rig. I know the pump was off an engine. During the 1990's the department and city were broke. This was fixed by aggressive annexation which finally brought in money around 2000. All engines were IH quality or IH luverns, then they got a 2000 ish FL-3D rig for engine 12. Then 6 Pierce enforcer engines in 2001 and a Pierce enforcer rescue in 2002. Then the ALF Junk started to come in 2005 and 2006.    
Quote:Thanks Travis I don't have copies of my photos in my squad car. I have not seen this rig in about a year but assume its still here alone with the pierce-sutphan reserve tower.

When I shot this it was O.O.S. due to a crack in the aerial, leaving only the Pierce/Sutphen as a spare. I shot that truck this spring, and they had taken the wheels from 12's old Seagrave and put them on it.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.