Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 ArrowXT PUC crosslays on my Engine
This is the crosslays on our 2010 Arrow XT PUC  [Port Chester New York, Westchester County] Engine 58. As of our build this is /was the only one at the time [ my design ] and it works very well. It's only for repacking the hose. One firefighter stands on each side of the pulled out tray 3/4 slide out and repacks then when complete pull the pin and slides it back in place. No lifting of heavy hose trays

Attached Files Image(s)

With net in place

Attached Files Image(s)

Could you post some more pics of this extended as you describe?  Looks like a good design that could work on more than just the PUC.

Ang, where is the piping?  Above, below or the side of the tray?

Keepintsafe, I will be back on duty on sat and will take some with the tray out . Izzy the piping is from the top ofset from each side so you can reach it .. When you start your repack the first hose is laid out the other side [ from nozzle] about 3 feet  then when complete you loop it over the packed hose to the pipe up above. The nozzle is set on top of the pack for left side in about 1 foot and the same for the right but can be pulled both to one side or the other. Also the slide out tray goes ether way 3/4 slide out.

Worked days today, heres a few as requested in the open position

Attached Files Image(s)

Net holder a must  add on order

Attached Files Image(s)

Starting to come out, 1/2 way

Attached Files Image(s)

Out a little more

Attached Files Image(s)

Locking cable release's locking pin to slide back in

Attached Files Image(s)

And last one 3/4 out,  Keepinitsafe hope this shows what you wanted

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for the additional pictures!  Looks like an excellent set-up you have!