Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crown Firecoaches
Quote:I saw this Crown in Sun CIty AZ. Any Info?

Indeed.  I shot it last May and never got around to posting them.  I found it at an insurance agent on 115th Ave and Bell Road in Surprise.

It's a 1967 Firecoach model CP125-81 1250/500, S/N F-1504, one of three (1502-1504) originally delivered to King County, Washington.    Unfortunately it has that stupid looking giant fountain pen bolted into the hosebed.  Otherwise it is in fantastic shape, as far as I could tell.  Wish I could buy it...

John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
F-1504, 1967 Firecoach 1250/500

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Quote: 

Indeed.  I shot it last May and never got around to posting them.  I found it at an insurance agent on 115th Ave and Bell Road in Surprise.

It's a 1967 Firecoach model CP125-81 1250/500, S/N F-1504, one of three (1502-1504) originally delivered to King County, Washington.    Unfortunately it has that stupid looking giant fountain pen bolted into the hosebed.  Otherwise it is in fantastic shape, as far as I could tell.  Wish I could buy it...
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=325761">IMG_3696, resized.jpg</a>

Do you know which district in King County? There were 40+ in 1967.
Quote:Do you know which district in King County? There were 40+ in 1967.

After doing some more digging, I found a photo of F1503 (one of the three delivered there) in the same yellow paint, with information saying that it served in the Federal Way area. So, whatever King County Fire District would have served around Federal Way in the late 60's was probably who they went to.
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Quote: 

[Image: attachicon.gif]IMG_3696, resized.jpg
Thanks for the info
Quote:After doing some more digging, I found a photo of F1503 (one of the three delivered there) in the same yellow paint, with information saying that it served in the Federal Way area. So, whatever King County Fire District would have served around Federal Way in the late 60's was probably who they went to.

Thanks. Federal Way had yellow rigs into the early 90s. They are now known after their latest merger as South King Fire and Rescue. They were and are still King County Fire District 39. I believe there were originally several districts serving the Federal Way area, so when these rigs were originally delivered it may have been to a district other than 39.
F1808 waiting to get going for the 4th of July Parade in Sparta NJ.

Attached Files Image(s)

...and with our 1970 pumper for the parade.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 074_zpso91ga8uc.jpg]

Ex Downey Crown.
Happened across this old rig in Nevada.

1963 Crown Firecoach 1250/500, ex. L.A. County.

S/N F1292, LACo Shop 49185

Hall-Scott 1091 Gasoline Engine

Originally LACo Engine 11 - Altadena

Retired 1985

Sold to Shoshone Mountain FD in Ione, NV.

Now resides at the Beatty, NV Museum and Historical Society

It's not in great shape, but better than rusting away in the weeds.

Thanks to the Crownisking.org site for detailed information.

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

[-] The following 1 user Likes Image7801's post:
  • engine98
Found this beauty at a Fire Station in Rosarito Mexico this week. Firefighters told me it is a 1966 (?) and came from Los Angeles. No builder plate, VIN, or other identifying information located on apparatus. Looks like it was painted recently, and was in beautiful condition. The firefighters told me it pumped and ran strong, but led me to believe they no longer use it.

Attached Files Image(s)

I know that this thread is really old, but i had to add my 2 cent to it.

This crown is:

Serial number F1776
1977 Firecoach 50' Telesqiurt
1500gpm pump
300 gal tank

This truck served as San Buenaventura City Fire Department (aka Ventura City Fire) Engine 1 throughout my childhood, It was this truck that sparked my life long interest in and love for Crown Firecoach apparatus. This truck and the other 3 that Ventura City once had. Sadly this truck was  donated to Mexico.

In the second picture is Ventura County E24 in the front with Ventura E1 behind it. That was a familiar sight throughout my entire childhood as I grew up in between the 2 stations. My father was a firefighter for Ventura County for many years when i was young.

Credit photographers unknown

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I believe this rig was once operated by the now defunct San Fernando (CA) Fire Dept.

West Covina.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Monrovia1's post:
  • wpgfirebuff411