Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tablet suggestions?
Looking into putting tablets out in some of our apparatus. Looking for suggestions from folks who may be using them now. We're looking at mainly using them for addressing/mapping, our EMS reports and also some fire reporting info.  

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

We currently are using tough books. Looked at I-pads as replacemtns but they are not compatible with the dispatch software or the reporting software, using Firehouse but switching to Image Trend. All future purchases will be the Microsoft tablets for compatibility needs.
We're using Samsung Galaxy Tab 2's (I believe that's right model).  We sourced them from our state of Illinois government contract, and bought the Tab 2's simply because they were a smoking deal through the contract, likely because they were phasing them out for the Tab 3 or whatever was next.  Ours is the larger screen as well.

We run Streetwise Cadlink for the software package.  I'm very happy with that as well, reasonably priced and quite functional.  I'd encourage you to look at their website.  Does preplanning, navigation, vehicle location, hydrant mapping, etc.
Thanks for the suggestions. Problem now is finding the funding for them.