Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency Response Vehicles - San Juan, Puerto Rico
A few shots I was able to get during our recent visit to San Juan, Puerto Rico.....

Bomberos de Puerto Rico Tanquero 1

2012 Rosenbauer / Freightliner 1000GPM/3000GWT
(Old San Juan station)

Attached Files Image(s)

Cuerpo De Bomberos Engine 40
2004 Pierce Contender / International 4400 1250GPM/1500GWT

Attached Files Image(s)

Bomberos de Puerto Rico Rescate 7
Division Operaciones Especiales
(Special Operations Division - Rescue 7)
2005 Spartan Evolution / EVI
(Hato Rey station)

Attached Files Image(s)

Bomberos de Puerto Rico Ladder 
2004 E\-One Typhoon Sidestacker 1500GPM/500GWT 75'

Attached Files Image(s)

Cuerpo de Bomberos Municipal - Carolina
Engine 998
1999 E\-One / American Eagle 1250GPM/1000GWT
(Isla Verde station)

Attached Files Image(s)

<span>Cuerpo de Bomberos Municipal - Carolina

Engine 846

2008 Ferrara 1500GPM/1000GWT

(Isla Verde station)</span>

<div> 
</div>

Attached Files Image(s)

<span>City of San Juan Ambulance

(Photographed on a call in Old San Juan)</span>

<div> 
</div>

Attached Files Image(s)

<span>City of San Juan Ambulance

(Photographed on a call in Old San Juan)</span>

<div> 
</div>

Attached Files Image(s)

<span>United States Park Ranger Jeep Liberty

(Photographed at Castillo San Felipe de El Morro)</span>

<div> 
</div>

Attached Files Image(s)

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
I will be visiting San Juan in a few weeks. We will be in the area where the cruise ships dock.  Are there any stations within walking distance of that area?  Thanks.

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
John, it's been 15 years since I was there last, but the station that the first couple of photos were taken at is close to the cruise ship terminal. I don't remember if it's walking distance, I took a cab there after I "checked in" for the cruise before it departed. Looks like they've come a long way, they were running an old FDNY ALF engine and a Ford F/Saulsbury rescue/hazmat first out, but most of the other rigs in the station (there were many including a Ford C/Seagrave rearmount aerial) were OOS in various stages of falling apart. Michael, do they still have a Bronto at the Hato Rey station? They had a neat Freightliner cabover/Bronto when I was there in 1997, and when I went back in 2000, they had just received an E\-One/Bronto.

Never did find the station in Old San Juan.  I even asked a policeman, who said there was no fire station around the area where I was.  I did manage a very long distance shot of these ARFF units and station from the deck of the ship in San Juan.   

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
You can walk it if you know where your going, best to just jump in a cab an go.  Every time I've been there's been a different fleet arrangement, usually two Engines an Aerial device or two an a Rescue.  The small ARFF station is part of an Air National Guard unit at the Isla Grande Airport, the only military aircraft I saw there were C-130's.  Also ARFF 15 appears to be a former U.S. Navy AMERTEK possibly from the now closed Naval Station Roosevelt Roads.