Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID Wanted
Came across this 1992 Seagrave.  It is in Virginia and wondered if anyone knows anything about where it came from?  Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

Im going to take a wild stab at it, looks like an old Richmond (VA) rig.  Anybody????
Ex Richmond Va rig. Believe it's the one that 25 had and the motor went out in it. Shame to see it sitting like this, by far the best rigs we have in the fleet.
Thanks guys.  It's really cheap at an auction site and I was considering placing a bid, but if there's a chance the motor is shot, I'll pass.  I did search Richmond threads and it was right on the first page.  Looks to have been E-17 at one time.

Quote:Thanks guys.  It's really cheap at an auction site and I was considering placing a bid, but if there's a chance the motor is shot, I'll pass.  I did search Richmond threads and it was right on the first page.  Looks to have been E-17 at one time.

Look inside the cab and you may see the shop number. It will begin 92-1_ _ _    and also find the Seagrave serial number and I'll cross reference for you.

Appears to be this one --

Engine - 25 1992 Seagrave Serial No. 78506 - 1250-500 -  Ex E5, E10 -  Automotive Shop No. 92-1309

John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"