Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Fire WICHITA KS (12/7/13)
Wichita Fire Dept crews were dispatched to a House Fire at 2010 N. Stoney Pt. around 11:30pm on 12/7/13. This address was only 2 miles from my home, so I made it out on the main road just to be passed by both units from WFD Firehouse 17. Engine 16 arrived on scene and gave fire showing from the rear of the house. Engine 16 was fire attack. Battalion 4 was command. Truck 4 was ventilation. Quint 21 was water supply. Quint 17 was search and rescue. Squad 17 assisted fire attack. Battalion 1 was safety. The fire spread very quickly to the attic and a lot of crews pulled ceiling to expose the fire. All searches were negative. Sedgwick County Squad 33/Engine 33 were also on scene.

[Image: 2010-Stoney-Pt-11-L.jpg]

[Image: 2010-Stoney-Pt-23-L.jpg]

[Image: 2010-Stoney-Pt-37-L.jpg]

I was pretty happy with my pics considering I havent been able to catch a working fire in almost 6 months. Had to dust off my camera just to shoot this fire. Fireman

Andy Thomas
Wichita Fire Dept. Photographer

Webmaster for:
KansasFireTrucks.com
Oh shoot! I thought I had posted in the Fire Scene photos. Can an ADMIN please move for me?

Andy Thomas

Webmaster for:
KansasFireTrucks.com
Quote:Oh shoot! I thought I had posted in the Fire Scene photos. Can an ADMIN please move for me?

Done!

Great set of images, Andy!   I'm a sucker for available-light shots, so these are top-shelf for me.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Great Shots! I was wondering why there hadn't been many updates to the wichita web page!!

Whoa! Super shots Andy.

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
2nd image is about as good as it gets!! very nice

Great pics.. I love the clarity in all of these newer digital shots. Awesome. As much as I love black and white and the look film gives you, its pretty hard to knock what technology has allowed photographers to capture. Everything is so much more vivid..
Amazing set of photos! What camera/lens combo did you use? Also, what was your ISO setting?
Awesome shots.
awesome shot of the firefighter on the roof

Kory Green

Captain

Dresden Fire Department

Training Officer

Martin Fire Department
Thanks everyone. I currently shoot with a simple Canon t2i with a 17-55mm 2.8 IS lens. I believe the ISO on most of these was 3200. VERY HIGH for my liking. There was virtually no light in the rear of the home and I didn't take adequate time to get my flash put on my camera. I have always been a very big fan of available light too, however there are certainly times where a flash is a must. I actually was a guest on the Fire Ground Photography podcast that was done like 5 years ago with Craig Dureling. On there I talked about using available light when shooting fires. I think you can still find it on itunes. 

Andy Thomas

Webmaster for:
KansasFireTrucks.com
Check your PMs.

These shots are excellent Andy.

Those are really great photos.  #2 is one of the best I have ever seen.

Jay Strunk

Lowell Fire Dept.

Captain: Engine Co. 6

Author: Images of America: Lowell Firefighting
Awesome pics!

Eric Hansen

Grand Prairie, Texas
Great work Andy!

Greg Muhr

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/'>http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/</a>
I have to agree on these are awesome photos.  #2 is my favorite, especially with the fire blowing out of the vent stack.  I have always been partial to Wichita FD as my parents had lived there several years and my sister still does.  I have ridden with Station 11 (C Shift, I believe) multiple times and, while never lucky enough to catch a working fire, have always had an awesome time and great hospitality!

Quote:Wichita Fire Dept crews were dispatched to a House Fire at 2010 N. Stoney Pt. around 11:30pm on 12/7/13. This address was only 2 miles from my home, so I made it out on the main road just to be passed by both units from WFD Firehouse 17. Engine 16 arrived on scene and gave fire showing from the rear of the house. Engine 16 was fire attack. Battalion 4 was command. Truck 4 was ventilation. Quint 21 was water supply. Quint 17 was search and rescue. Squad 17 assisted fire attack. Battalion 1 was safety. The fire spread very quickly to the attic and a lot of crews pulled ceiling to expose the fire. All searches were negative. Sedgwick County Squad 33/Engine 33 were also on scene.

[Image: 2010-Stoney-Pt-11-L.jpg]

[Image: 2010-Stoney-Pt-23-L.jpg]

[Image: 2010-Stoney-Pt-37-L.jpg]

I was pretty happy with my pics considering I havent been able to catch a working fire in almost 6 months. Had to dust off my camera just to shoot this fire. Fireman

As always Andy excellent photographs of the aggressive firemen of the WFD!!! 

Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri