Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denver 4th Alarm 12/15/13
Awesome photos and videos!!!!!!

Outstanding work, Eric!

I see some 5" LDH in the photos - I was under the impression that DFD had resisted using 5" and still used all 3"?

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Nice stuff Eric!
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Quote:Outstanding work, Eric!

I see some 5" LDH in the photos - I was under the impression that DFD had resisted using 5" and still used all 3"?

Thanks everyone!  Roto-Ray, you're right... At DFD all Engine's carry 3 inch... but they have a few water supply engines across the city that carry 5 inch supply for big fires.  Those include E3, E5, E12, E27 & E28.  At least one 5" company is added to each greater alarm in the city.  Engine 3 is housed in Five Points, has the smallest first due district in the city and responds to the most multi-alarm jobs.  Their backboard says "The points is our home... the city is our district" and there is a lot of truth to that... all because of the 5"
Quote:Thanks everyone!  Roto-Ray, you're right... At DFD all Engine's carry 3 inch... but they have a few water supply engines across the city that carry 5 inch supply for big fires.  Those include E3, E5, E12, E27 & E28.  At least one 5" company is added to each greater alarm in the city.  Engine 3 is housed in Five Points, has the smallest first due district in the city and responds to the most multi-alarm jobs.  Their backboard says "The points is our home... the city is our district" and there is a lot of truth to that... all because of the 5"

You got 80% of the companies, E27 is not a 5" company, E14 is what you meant to type. The DFD has just recently begun adding an LDH discharge on pumpers to give the capability of pumping through 5".