Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Francisco Fire Department
Wondering if anyone has or can get a close up shot of the company logo on E-12. I assume that it is located in the Haight Ashbury area as the logo appears to have a "steal your face" at its center.

[color="#008000"]Jeff Parr

Amherst MA. Fire[/color]

[color="#008000"]MATF-01[/color]

[color="#008000"]FTM-PTB[/color]

[color="#008000"]Braithre thar gach ni[/color]
Maybe a help??   http://www.patchgallery.com/main/albums/...2-CAFr.jpg
The new trucks still have the green light up front but they are LED so they wont appear green until turned on.

stake bed w/ forklift

Attached Files Image(s)

Spartan now being used by the SF Water Dept to update their fleet from the old Kenworths we gave them

Attached Files Image(s)

Interesting that they go through the trouble of repainting them, even the wheels it appears, and putting all of the lights back on, just to be used by the Water Dept. Where will the KW go now?

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
No idea where they will go. My guess is to the boneyard. The City and County has got their moneys worth out of them.

Can someone please tell me where the apparatus with the red curtains in the back ground is located at IE 1965 Ford Fire Chief Car.  If this is at a show where are these beautiful pieces of apparatus located at. 

Thanks

Jerome from Seattle area

Quote:1965 Ford Chief's car

Jerome, if you mean the 1965 Ford SFFD Chief's "Buggy" post #99, the last information that I have is that it was owned by Dell Lindstrom of Minden, NV.  He displayed it in Seattle's Occidental Park during a recent Fire Festival.  I believe I have his contact information somewhere in my records.

Quote:Seagrave Rescue truck

These carried a small pump and tank in addition to rescue tools

I read in a book that in the 90's they were still using this as a spare?  true?
Quote:Jerome, if you mean the 1965 Ford SFFD Chief's "Buggy" post #99, the last information that I have is that it was owned by Dell Lindstrom of Minden, NV.  He displayed it in Seattle's Occidental Park during a recent Fire Festival.  I believe I have his contact information somewhere in my records.
Kind of reminds of Steve McQueen's ride in Towering Inferno.
Here's what it looked like in 2011 while visiting in Seattle

Bob Lukas Photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

These are some great pictures and it is great to see a department that still focuses on Tradition.

Dave
upstatefire: in the 90's it was a relief piece for the squads. Nellie Belle is owned by our historical society [along with many other rigs ]. Comes out during parades and other PR events. Shes still in great shape [ I drove it last week ]. Iconic piece of apparatus in our dept.

Quote:Spartan now being used by the SF Water Dept to update their fleet from the old Kenworths we gave them
Pardon my ignorance, but why does the water dept need apparatus? 
They carry large diameter hose and are able to pump water to various parts of the water system when there is an earthquake.  They isolate the problem area and restore service to a larger area.  I'm sure that someone else on here can explain this in depth more.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Quote:They carry large diameter hose and are able to pump water to various parts of the water system when there is an earthquake.  They isolate the problem area and restore service to a larger area.  I'm sure that someone else on here can explain this in depth more.
Thank you for the info! It makes sense for sure. A fella I went to high school with here in Mississippi is on the job in SF, E24 I believe.
The water dept uses them when their testing the systems. Its pretty rare that we see them out in the field. The rigs Open Cab Mack are talking about is our hose tenders, not to be confused with what the water dept has. Yes, they can be deployed in the time of disaster but its not their primary role. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the clarification.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
hi guys,
just thought i'd share some Nellie Bell pics from a couple years ago.

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=620B4BD4