Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gowans Knight Visit
Yesterday afternoon myself and 4 other committee members made the two hour trip to Gowans Knight in Watertown, CT for the final inspection on our new First Response unit. There were a few other units they had at the shop that were in progress. One was an E\-One refurb for Andover CT, a new Engine for Woodbury CT, a new Rescue for Bedford NY, a new service unit for Fairfield CT, and if I remember correctly a new First Response unit for Watertown.

The first two pictures are of Fairfields Service Unit and Andovers refurb.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next is Woodbury's chassis and Bedford's chassis along with Watertown's chassis.

Attached Files Image(s)

The working ends of Woodbury and Andovers Engines.

Attached Files Image(s)

The next two of our new First Response. This was the first trip I was able to make to the shop while on the committee and I could just tell the pride these guys took in their work. Mike was the gentleman who worked on our truck and he was very attentive and open to every idea we had. I cant even describe how great they are at Gowans Knight.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
I've always thought they put out a nice product.  Your rig also looks nice, are you going to post more photos of it?

Very interested in the Dodge chassis.  Our luck with Fords has not been stellar, and I think we'd look at alternatives before buying another.  Would love to hear input on your chassis selection.
I will be more than happy to add more, I grabbed a decent amount while we were there so I will work on getting them up.

As for the Dodge chassis, I believe this is the second one they have done such a project on and I havent heard any complaints from their end. They did have a little bit of a challenge fabricating the center console but I believe that was because there isnt one commercially available yet and due to the specs we had for it.