Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Old FDNY rigs with new homes
Quote:South Brownsville, PA one of the most interesting places I have ever been to.
Can anyone confirm the company that this ran with? I have in my files as Ladder 42 but I am not really 100% sure. Still in service with South Brownsville Pa and there looking at replacing it.
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Franklin FC in Chambersburg PA
Thanks Shoop but I should have phrased the question differently. What company with the FDNY did this truck run from.

John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
XFDNY L-42

Franklin FC of Chambersburg,PA

1995 PHOTO BY WW Jenkins

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks Doc

John Fauble

(10-04-2011, 07:29 PM)John Kenealy Wrote: Frankfort Center Truck 406 is a 1973 Ex-FDNY Mack/Baker Aerialscope, with a ALF cab.  This is scheduled to be replaced very soon by a Sutphen tower.

The former Baker Equipment Co / Aerialscope factory in Richmond, VA is now a Movieland theater. I have not been inside but looks mostly the same on the exterior.
Paul Edwards

Contributor - Fire & EMS Virginia Magazine

Dispatcher - Virginia Fire Net (VFN102)
Big Indian-Oliverea NY Fire Co.
Ulster Co. NY.
Rescue 17-13 Ex NYC Fire Patrol 3

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

20 years ago I came across a Mack CF with an FDNY-style cab at the Truxton, NY, FD. 

It looked very similar to this one, I remember the Code 3 lightbar.  Never knew where it was from or where it went.

[Image: OnoE12.jpg]