Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Used Fire Truck Dealers
Yesterday I visited Brindlee Mountain Fire Apparatus in Union Grove, Alabama (south of Huntsville) in search of a used rescue and engine for an industrial fire department.  They claim to be the largest used fire truck dealer in the country.  They sold 540 trucks in the last year.  They both purchase and resell and broker sales by fire departments.  They recently purchased most of Kansas City, MO FD's fleet for resale.  As the new ones go into service the old ones come to Union Grove.  Many have been resold as export.  They buy and sell trucks in the U.S. and Canada.  They have eight bays in one shop and four in another.  They do mechanical and body rebuilds including paint, I estimate there were at least 80 trucks on site yesterday.  The facility also operates E-4 (E\-One custom) for the Brindlee Mountain VFD during the day Monday to Friday as they can have it fully staffed and respond quickly.  Here are a few pictures.

Ian Stronach

Montreal, Quebec

Attached Files Image(s)

The E\-One engine at the far left is E-4 of the Brindlee Mountain VFD which they staff during the day.

Attached Files Image(s)

A few more...

Attached Files Image(s)

And a few more...

Attached Files Image(s)

and more...

Attached Files Image(s)

and more...

Attached Files Image(s)

and more...

Attached Files Image(s)

and more...

Attached Files Image(s)

and finally...

Attached Files Image(s)

I think the wrecked blue one might be Forest Hill TX.
On the door it says Morrison Fire Rescue Engine 2, wherever that is.

Ian Stronach

I cant zoom in clear enough, can you share where the Pierce Squad 10 came from? I saw it rolling thru St Louis on a flatbed a few days ago.
Bayside is on the front so I presume it is the Bayside VFD in Texas.

The Freightliner Rescue in post #3 is Washington Township (metro Fort Wayne) Allen County, IN. I had no idea they sold it, or that it was for sale. Perhaps Jason (SWFDPT3) can fill us in a little more?

http://indianafiretrucks.com/Station.aspx?StationId=10

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
If interested, I have a nice rescue for sale.  In good shape.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Ian do you know where the KME 4x4 engine in post #3 was from? Also in the same post, the white E\-One with the unusual red stripe all the way on the right? Thanks for posting, very interesting!

Quote:Ian do you know where the KME 4x4 engine in post #3 was from? Also in the same post, the white E-One with the unusual red stripe all the way on the right? Thanks for posting, very interesting!

The KME 4x4 is from Monterey MA, believe its a 96' w/ less than 10K on the odometer, they replaced it about a month ago w/ a KME 79' quint demo.  Monterey also still has a near twin tanker to the pumper w/ 3000 water and also 4x4.  
The E\-One is from somewhere in AL. One of their members posts on here I believe.
The E\-One is from Madison, Alabama.

Ian Stronach