• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bakerton Fire Department
The officer side of Engine 7-1

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
The old and larger silver Bakerton logo has been removed from the apparatus. More "tradional" lettering has been added to the trucks.

Here is an example - the old Sterling, Virginia 1995 Spartan Gladiator/Saulsbury 1500/750 that now runs as Engine 7.

By the way, this engine is currently for sale. The department is hoping to sell this and purchase another used engine.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Final photo......the new deparment logo for Bakerton.

Other updates:

Air 7 (Step van) is for sale although this might change since a county air trailer is out of service.

Bakerton is activley looking to purchase an ambulance to begin EMS transport service.

The department sold old Engine 7-1, the lime/white 1989 White-Volvo-GMC/American Eagle that was original to Hancock, Maryland, then sold to Middleway, WV, and then to Bakerton. It was sold to a local farmer.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Nice Mike.

they changed Chiefs? I really hope to get out their this year. They change rigs more then some major cities!
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
[quote name='mnsand' timestamp='1358561388' post='507718']

The old and larger silver Bakerton logo has been removed from the apparatus. More "tradional" lettering has been added to the trucks.

Here is an example - the old Sterling, Virginia 1995 Spartan Gladiator/Saulsbury 1500/750 that now runs as Engine 7.

By the way, this engine is currently for sale. The department is hoping to sell this and purchase another used engine.

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

[/quote]

Whats wrong with it?
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
The air truck is currently for sale at Fenton fire...http://www.fentonfire.com/new_listings/listing.php?lid=5042
It appears the Freightliner tanker that they just got is already up for sale, anyone know what it's been replaced with?

https://firetruckmall.com/AvailableTruck...er&Id=4818

This one is up for sale too:

https://www.firetruckmall.com/AvailableTrucks/TruckDetails.aspx?Truck=05631-1992-Pierce-Lance-65'-Telesqurt&Id=4534

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
If it was a grant, how's that go?

Quote:If it was a grant, how's that go?

Depending on how much you get in a grant, usually you have to keep what you purchased with grant money for 7 years.

Why do they keep selling equipment? Looks like they got a great fleet.

Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI
Did a little digging and I have came up with this for the Company

Brush 7 1967 Jeep  6x6 5.5 Hp 150 GPM-500 GWT X WV Forestry Department For Sale

Air 7 1987 or 1989 GMC Grumman X Loyalsock, PA Sold

Engine 7 1996 Spartan 750-1500 X Sterling VA Wagon 18 Loudon County Sold and replaced with the current 7-1 was told the new chief went in a different direction

Now you add in

Engine 7-1 1992 Pierce Lance 1500 GPM-500 GWT-40F-65 ft Telesqurt X Glasgow VA

Tanker 7 2012 Freightliner Pierce 500 GPM-2000 GWT

Thats the whole fleet minus a duty rig and a Ambulance that is either going in to or is already in service.

I will get in touch with my cousin who runs mutual aide calls to them and see whats going on.

John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
So the Pierce tanker and Pierce Telesqurt are both for sale, which means that's all of their current front line fire suppression fleet. Yeah, I'd be really curious to see where this is going.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Are they mostly a Rual area?

I'd say that about two dozen rigs of various shapes an size have passed thru that place in the past 15yrs.

The comments about the tanker listed in the ad says "We have obtained a different apparatus that suits our needs better"

With the Tele-Squirt, Tanker, and Brush all for sale there will be no front line apparatus if everything sells at once. The only thing that will be left will be the ambulance if its in service yet and a chief/duty rig.

I have looked on brindle's site and the only thing that has came into the area was a 1988 International 4-Guys tanker that was sold to Interstate Truck Equipment, now that's not to say it was sold to Bakerton, it could be that ITE is rehabbing it on a newer chassis.

I have seen nothing come across from the local dealers about anything new ( Pierce, Seagrave, Rosenbauer, or KME ) on facebook or on there websites.

If they are looking to buy from near by department that opens up a mini pumper from Potomac Valley in Dargan, MD or a engine-tanker from Williamsport MD but that would mean they would be going to an older rig with less water carried.

I will get in touch with my cousin after Christmas and let you guys know what I find out.

John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Alright I heard back from my cousin and here is what I have learned. The tanker is having some trouble so that is why its for sale. The brush they are wanting to downsize to something in the mini pumper / pick up truck range. The tele-squirt he had no idea they were getting rid of it or what its getting replaced with.

If I hear anything more I will pass on the info to you guys.

John Fauble

Thanks for checking. Somehow I think we are not getting the full story. Do they run a transport ambulance there too? Is it BLS or ALS?

Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI
Here is an update on the current apparatus at Bakerton:

Engine 7-1 - 1992 Pierce Lance 1500/500 with 65' telesqurt.  Ex- Bellmore, NY and Glasgow, VA.  Bakerton acquired this truck in 2012.  It is currently for sale because the department needs a more "rural" engine, with a gwt of around 1000gwt.  The department would like to keep this engine, and may based on their ability to acquire another engine or engine/tanker.

Tanker 7 - 2011 FL/Pierce 500/2000.  A variety of "issues" with this tanker.  Currently for sale.  The department is currently using a 1994 FL80/4-Guys 500/1500 from nearby Blue Ridge Mountain, WV (Jefferson County).  Bakerton's intent is to purchase this tanker from Blue Ridge Mountain.

Brush 7 - 1968 Deuce and a half - also for sale.  The department would like to obtain a smaller brush truck for their area. 

Ambulance 7 - 2000 Ford E/AEV.  Currently in service and running calls.

The old air unit (1987 Grumman/Kurbmaster ex- Loyalsock, PA) was sold awhile back to Tunnelton, WV.

Bakerton VFD is reevaluating their apparatus needs and making the necessary changes. 

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA