Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story on this FDNY Ambulance?
Anyone know what the story is on this rig?

Attached Files Image(s)

FDNY had to emergency purchase these (because part of the 911 system, private ambulance company Transcare ceased being)

To provide coverage that was now gone due to that.
If I recall correctly, I think I read that these units weren't purchased by FDNY, but were some sort of temporary acquisition to help bridge the gap between the need to put more units on the street due to the Transcare issue and the arrival of more FDNY spec units under construction/on order.

Quote:If I recall correctly, I think I read that these units weren't purchased by FDNY, but were some sort of temporary acquisition to help bridge the gap between the need to put more units on the street due to the Transcare issue and the arrival of more FDNY spec units under construction/on order.

Yes. Thanks for putting it more clearly than I did, lol.
make sence...thank you both..... I do kinda like the looks of it though...Just saying FDNY

If anyone knows, how many ambulances does FDNY have on the streets during a given day? I realize it probably varies by time of day, but if anyone has a ballpark figure I'd be interested. Thanks in advance.

Quote:If anyone knows, how many ambulances does FDNY have on the streets during a given day? I realize it probably varies by time of day, but if anyone has a ballpark figure I'd be interested. Thanks in advance.
I don't know the exact number, but pretty sure it's a few hundred. Not sure how many the hospitals provide.
Quote:I don't know the exact number, but pretty sure it's a few hundred. Not sure how many the hospitals provide.
Thank you. Much appreciated.