Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mack is back
I've not been active here for a long time, but a friend recently reminded me of a few good threads and the rest of my social media is no fun anymore.  I need to go back to the 4-ish forums that I used to regularly enjoy.

I haven't shot or scanned much lately, but here are a few things that have crossed my path recently:

Burlington, VT operates this electric Chevy Bolt for admin duties.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes mack505's post:
  • thom2943
Next up is an apparatus of sorts.  The Holy Family Hospital (Haverhill) has this CO2 unit stationed in their ambulance bay.  It recently replaced an antique Ansul high-wheeled unit of similar size.

I'd love to know the story behind this.  I'm not aware of them ever having a fire in the bay, and I've never seen anything like this anywhere else.

A real fire engine: My hometown engine operates this 2020 E\-One Typhoon 1500/800 as Engine 2.

This unit completes the E-Oneification of the Rowley fleet.  Unfortunately it's had a lot of teething problems.  (For the first year+ it rode like a cement mixer, to the point it made the crews motion sick.  It has been back to the dealer multiple times.  Seems like it may finally be fixed now.)

• thom2943
And finally a shift change shot of my own daily ride.  Medic 4 is a 2018 F550/Wheeled Coach.

• thom2943
(11-01-2022, 08:49 PM)mack505 Wrote: A real fire engine: My hometown engine operates this 2020 E-One Typhoon 1500/800 as Engine 2.

This unit completes the E-Oneification of the Rowley fleet.  Unfortunately it's had a lot of teething problems.  (For the first year+ it rode like a cement mixer, to the point it made the crews motion sick.  It has been back to the dealer multiple times.  Seems like it may finally be fixed now.)

What was the issue regarding ride?