Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
front bumper edraulic for Squirrel
Squirrel here's some pics of our front bumper edraulic setup.  The full compliment is 150' if 1.75" hose, spreader, cutter and 2 rams.  Hope this helps. shaner

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

YeOldEngine look at this

Quote:YeOldEngine look at this
Got it.....
Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
Quick question, how does your department like the EDraulic Tools?  Pros/Cons?

Thanks
All the guys seem please with them.  Our biggest reservation was the batteries and they seem to be performing well.  The trucks that have both edraulic and hard line tools, the edraulics get used 50 to 1 over the hard line tools.  All the new trucks for the past year and the future will be edraulic only.  The only complaint I've heard is the size/bulkiness of the ram. 

We demoed the Edraulic tools and they made a believer out of me.  We took 4 doors and started cutting the roof before the battery finally died.  We switched the same battery back in forth from the combi to the cutters to the spreaders to get the most out of 1 battery.  The biggest problem I see with the Edraulic tools is just the mindset, the tradition and of course the big word that is CHANGE.  The biggest up side to them that we took in was the quickness of getting a tool in service.  If you have to do some cut work that is past the 100 feet of your pre-connected line you can place it in service within seconds.  Once you are stabilized you are cutting.  No hooking portable units up and carrying tools and lines.  All in one piece.

Like I said, I wasn't a big fan at first but after using them and seeing what they can do, I am on board.  I think this is just another tool for the tool box.

If anyone else has any more photos of just bumper pre-connected hydraulic tools, please post them.

Thanks

Quote:We demoed the Edraulic tools and they made a believer out of me.  We took 4 doors and started cutting the roof before the battery finally died.  We switched the same battery back in forth from the combi to the cutters to the spreaders to get the most out of 1 battery.  The biggest problem I see with the Edraulic tools is just the mindset, the tradition and of course the big word that is CHANGE.  The biggest up side to them that we took in was the quickness of getting a tool in service.  If you have to do some cut work that is past the 100 feet of your pre-connected line you can place it in service within seconds.  Once you are stabilized you are cutting.  No hooking portable units up and carrying tools and lines.  All in one piece.

Like I said, I wasn't a big fan at first but after using them and seeing what they can do, I am on board.  I think this is just another tool for the tool box.

If anyone else has any more photos of just bumper pre-connected hydraulic tools, please post them.

Thanks

How's the weight comparatively?
Thank you for the feedback!  We took delivery of a new Engine that is now slowly turning into a Engine/Rescue.  With limited space a few of us are pushing for Edraulics to get the best bang for our buck with the limited space we have.  Your information will be passed on!

I don't have any picture with the tools in the bumper after delivery. My picture are too big to attach so here's a link to the picture from our final and some since it's been in service https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

Since it's been delivered the dealer has installed a well on the top of the cover to keep 100'  of 1 3/4" for a trash/car fire line. 

Quote: 

How's the weight comparatively?
The weight is the same as normal hydraulic tools
We have a eDraulic cutter. I guess I'm just too old school, but when it gets in a bind, it seems to be a little weaker. I'm not a fan, but they are a little more convenient. I'll still take the other tools any day of the week and twice on Sunday.