Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMEAL-ALF??????????????
I saw this pic on  FDNYtrucks.com and I thought...Hey!  They need to buy the rights to the name and do this....

Smeal could keep the ALF name alive.....but with a better company..

Any thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I know at FRI 2011 in Atlanta, one of the Smeal demo's had a cab built by ALF. It may have been this truck

One was at FDIC that year too. 
Good photo!

tHANKs

tHANKs
How did this truck come to be is what im interested in. If anyone knows how the relationship between smeal and ALF bavk then im interested in reading about it.
Didn't Smeal just purchase the rights to Snorkel and LTI from ALF's creditors? I would think it wouldn't be much more for the ALF name.

Another question - Does anyone know where this rig is now?  My camera wants it!

As noted, this was the only one made.  This was another effort by Smeal to have a "sole source" offering for those departments who wanted it.  Much like the Smeal Sirius is nothing but a Spartan with a new front fascia, this was going to be built by ALF for Smeal, once again with a different front fascia.

It's actual name was the Smeal "Sentron" and was going to be offered in a Sentron I (for small blocks) and Sentron II (for big blocks).  This Sentron II was the only was made, and made a tour for about a year, and then seems to have disappeared.  I'll see if one of my contacts at Smeal knows where it ended up...

Chuck, yes, you're correct.  Smeal purchased LTI and re-named it LTC, and they'll also be producing the Snorkel again.  Smeal also purchased US Tanker in that same time frame.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Thanks for the scope Roto-Ray, Do u know who now owns the rights to produce the Eagle chassis/cab?
There was also 1 ladder version done as well.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gopherit2/7145566449/

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
The Smeal SO numbers for the pair are 4080 (pumper) and 4081 (aerial).  They are not listed on Smeal's website as still being demo rigs.

the ladder is in warren county va north warren truck 10

Quote:the ladder is in warren county va north warren truck 10
Thanks!  Next time I go visit Dan......