Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston Fire Dept. Double LODD, 03/26/14.
3-3-5  Rest easy, brothers.

Sorry for your loss, Skip. Prayers to all.

American Red Cross - DAT Captain
Member 4-2-4 - 5-11 Club of Chicago

Thanks skip. We were in quincys academy buiding and listened live. Ive wanted to comment but everytime I went to I just didnt know what to say.. stay safe everyone. What a shitty thing.
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Just a brief update: FR Kennedy was transported via a BPD/BFD Motorcade to the P.E. Murray-George F. Doherty & Sons Funeral Home on Centre St in West Roxbury MA yesterday evening. LT Walsh is being transported in the same fashion to the Stanton Funeral Home in Watertown MA this evening. Arrangements are still being finalized at this time. A fund has been set up in memory of these brave men & can be found on the homepage of the Boston Firefighters Credit Union,  https://www.bosfirecu.com/. I will post the arrangements when they are made public. Thank you.

FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
FR David A. Middleton E51, LODD, Box 5247, 05/28/07
FR Paul J. Cahill E30 & FR Warren J. Payne L25, LODD, Box 4-281, 08/29/07
FLT Kevin Kelley L26, LODD, 01/09/09
FLT Edward J. Walsh E33 & FR Michael Kennedy L15, LODD, Box 9-1579, 03/26/14.
To my brothers from the east my you rest in peace we now have the watch. 5-5-5-5

Growing up in jersey and growing up in urban aggressive firefighting practices I understand what its like but where I live now the brothers out hear keep saying they shouldnt have ever went in the building, its a damn shame they dont understand they think firefighting is standing outside amd spraying water in to contain a fire not try and save a structure. All I know is there has been to many loses latley I just attended a deputy chief funeral not too long ago for the sturgis, sd fire rescue and over the last week ive had the same gut wrenching feeling I had that day.

Brother and sisters out there, there has to be a better way of doing this job...
The Wake & Funeral Information for FLT Edward Walsh & FR Michael Kennedy has been released:

FLT Walsh's wake will take place on Tuesday April 1 at St. Patrick's Church, 212 Main St, Watertown MA from 3-8PM. His Funeral Mass will be held on Wednesday April 2, also at St. Pat's, at 10:30AM

FR Kennedy's wake will take place on Wednesday April 2 at P.E. Murray Funeral Home, 2000 Centre St, West Roxbury MA from 2:30-8PM. His Funeral Mass will be held on Thursday April 3 at Holy Name Church, 1689 Centre St, West Roxbury MA at 11:00AM.

Staging information & transportation options TBA.
FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
Condolences, Brother.

Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Staging Area for Lt. Edward Walsh Walk-by

Members wishing to attend the walk-by at the wake of

Lt Edward Walsh on Tuesday April 1<sup>st</sup> shall report to the staging area at the old Sears facility at 115 Cambridge Street Brighton. T
o enter, go to the intersection of Windom Street and Cambridge Street. This area can be easily accessed from the Mass Pike by exiting at Exit 18 Westbound from the city or Exit 20 Eastbound from west of the city

Buses will be transporting members to the wake at 1330.

After the walk-by is completed, buses will return members to the staging area.

Staging Area for the Funeral of Lt. Edward Walsh

All Members attending the funeral of Lt. Edward Walsh Wednesday April 2<sup>nd</sup> shall report to the Bayside Expo Center 200 Mt Vernon Street Dorchester Ma.

This includes PFFM members, all Honor Guards,

buses and members attending from out of state.

Buses will start leaving the staging area at 0630

and last bus at 0800

FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
Skip, I cant make Wed but will be there Wed night, albeit too late for the wake. Are there trains or subways to get me to the Expo center? Im flying in...

Stay safe, Brothers.

Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
GOD bless the families of both men.  May GOD look over the BFD and give all of you the strength.  Rest In Peace brothers.  So sorry for your loss.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Quote:Skip, I cant make Wed but will be there Wed night, albeit too late for the wake. Are there trains or subways to get me to the Expo center? Im flying in...

Stay safe, Brothers.

Red Line subway to JFK/U-Mass Station. It's a 5 min walk from there.
Quote:Red Line subway to JFK/U-Mass Station. It's a 5 min walk from there.

Awesome, Thank you, Brother..

Skip

Hearts and prayers to you, the families of the lost members and the brothers of the Boston Fire Department. This was very hard to listen to on the radio recordings I listened to. Do you know was their a collapse or somthing that cut Engine 33 line? It sounds like they were cut off from the engine. 

Quote:Skip, I cant make Wed but will be there Wed night, albeit too late for the wake. Are there trains or subways to get me to the Expo center? Im flying in...

Stay safe, Brothers.

Massport Fire will be available to transport anyone that needs it! PM me your email address & I'll forward you the info for brothers coming through Logan!
FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
Staging Area for Lt. Edward Walsh Walk-by

Members wishing to attend the walk-by at the wake of

Lt Edward Walsh on Tuesday April 1<sup>st</sup> shall report to the staging area at the old Sears facility at 115 Cambridge Street Brighton. T
o enter, go to the intersection of Windom Street and Cambridge Street. This area can be easily accessed from the Mass Pike by exiting at Exit 18 Westbound from the city or Exit 20 Eastbound from west of the city

Buses will be transporting members to the wake at 1330.

After the walk-by is completed, buses will return members to the staging area.

Staging Area for the Funeral of Lt. Edward Walsh

All Members attending the funeral of Lt. Edward Walsh Wednesday April 2<sup>nd</sup> shall report to the Bayside Expo Center 200 Mt Vernon Street Dorchester Ma.

This includes PFFM members, all Honor Guards,

buses and members attending from out of state.

Buses will start leaving the staging area at 0630

and last bus at 0800

<span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;">Staging Area for the Walk by of Firefighter Michael Kennedy
</span>

<span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;">The walk by at the wake of
</span>

<span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;">F.F. Michael Kennedy on Wednesday April 2nd shall commence at 1530. Members returning from Lt. Walsh’s funeral will be brought to Florian Hall, from there; a group of buses will transport those members who wish to participate in the walk by.
</span>

<span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;">After the walk-by is completed, buses will return members to Florian Hall and staging area.
</span>

<span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;">Staging Area for the Funeral of Firefighter Michael Kennedy
</span>

<span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;">All Members attending the funeral of F.F Kennedy Thursday April 3<sup>rd</sup> shall report to the Bayside Expo Center 200 Mt Vernon Street Dorchester Ma.
</span>

<span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;">This includes PFFM members, all Honor Guards,
</span>

<span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;">buses and members attending from out of state.
</span>

<span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;">BUSES ENTER FROM DAY BLVD ONLY
</span>

<span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;">Buses will start leaving the staging area at 0630
</span>

<span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;">and last bus at 0800
</span>

FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
Quote:Skip

Hearts and prayers to you, the families of the lost members and the brothers of the Boston Fire Department. This was very hard to listen to on the radio recordings I listened to. Do you know was their a collapse or somthing that cut Engine 33 line? It sounds like they were cut off from the engine. 

The investigation is obviously ongoing, and I'm loathe to publicly speculate, but there was no collapse. The rear of the building vented & the extremely high winds (40-60mph) blew the fire directly towards the two members in the basement. Numerous rescue attempts were made, but were unsuccessful. Over a dozen other members were taken to area hospitals with burns while attempting to access the basement of the brownstone.
FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory: