Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firepics Member WVGuy38 Makes the News
Good Job Dusty.......... The full story at the link below..... 

http://m.times-news.com/CTN/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=roQpKMk1&full=true#display

"ROMNEY, W.Va. — Although an alert firefighter was able to lead a first-floor resident safely out of a burning Bolton Street apartment house in Romney on Saturday, a second-floor resident perished in the early morning blaze.
“It’s a sad situation with the deceased. But everyone did a great job,” said Garrett “GT” Parsons, chief of the Romney Volunteer Fire Department, who arrived at the scene shortly after being notified around 5:25 a.m.
Parsons received a call that a two-unit apartment house on Bolton Street was on fire and that people may be trapped inside.
“He radioed me direct,” said Parsons.
The person behind the radio contact was Dustin Amtower, a fellow firefighter and close friend of Parsons. Amtower was the first to discover the blaze.
“I saw a little bit of smoke coming from behind 7-Eleven,” said Amtower......." 
 The fire chief of the New Creek Volunteer Fire Department, Amtower was driving east on U.S Route 50 to work his shift as a paid firefighter with the city of Winchester, Va.

Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
SUPER JOB!!!!

Outstanding!

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Strong work brother!