Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American LaFrance Closes
Spartan ERV (formerly Crimson Fire) builds their own aerials in Ephrata PA.  They are in the main building of the old LTI complex up there while ALF was in the smaller buildings on the other side of the parking lot.  ALF did have all of the buildings (leased, did not own) at the Ephrata facility until the bankruptcy back in 2010, then they moved out of the big building and continue to work out of the smaller buildings.  Crimson Aerials then moved out of their original facility just outside of Lancaster PA and moved into the vacated LTI building.  The majority of the Crimson/Spartan ERV aerials guys came from LTI so it was just like a homecoming of sorts to them to move back into the LTI building.  Spartan Motors may end up buying some of the other buildings at Ephrata now that ALF is gone.  They need more room but money is tight so who knows.

Quote: 

Do you happen to have a photo of the tanker?  I looked on ALF's webpage today, but couldn't find it.
http://www.americanlafrance.com/nest_pro...rs_tankers
Thank you.  For some reason my web browswer won't open it.

It is on there stock page under Liberty Pumper/Tankers listing

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
After seeing an article in the Firehouse.com website on the ALF closing, I see that only one of the TDA's for Philly was actually delivered, not all three that were ordered.  Unless they were only building one at a time (doubtful the contract was set up that way), the other two are still in the Ephrata plant in whatever stage they were in when they closed down last week. I stand corrected.

I believe 2 of the 3 were ordered, they were still waiting on 1.
Two have already been delivered i had the last one is completed and going through testing.