Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niagara Falls FD Early 1980s
A friend and I took a buff trip back in the 80s...we went through Buffalo and wound up in Boston. Along the way we visited this fd, but for the life of me I can't recall if this was the US side or the Canadian side...These rigs look familiar to anyone??

Steve

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like it says Young on the side...kinda looks like a maxim??

Attached Files Image(s)

ALF Pioneer

Attached Files Image(s)

Good old Seagrave mid mount

Attached Files Image(s)

ALF Squrt

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice anniversary series Seagrave

Attached Files Image(s)

At the drill tower

Attached Files Image(s)

Rapelling drill

Attached Files Image(s)

old remote control ladder pipe

Attached Files Image(s)

hopefully someone will know these units.....

i'm gonna take a wild guess and say its the American side......

• The US Flag in photo #2 might help confirm it for me.
Quote: 
  • The US Flag in photo #2 might help confirm it for me.

good eye..I think we have our answer
Quote:ALF Pioneer
Whats up w/ the lower compartments?  Are they stainless?  Something to prevent rust from road salt/sand on the lower half of the body?  

Quote:<div>
<p style="margin-left:0px;">Looks like it says Young on the side...kinda looks like a maxim??

</div>
Its a maxim but the body does not look to be maxim, I do believe there were some Maxim's made out there w/ young bodies, though rare I'm pretty sure I've seen 2 or 3 before.  
Definitely Niagara Falls, NY.  I first visited there in the early 1990's and shot some of the same apparatus, including the 1959 Maxim/Young 1000/300.  I also shot Engine 8's ALF Pioneer II 1500/500 and a twin to Engine 3's ALF Pioneer 1500/350/35' Telesqurt that was running as Engine 6.  The rig at the drill tower is a 1981 ALF Century 100'.

Engine 8 had undergone several changes between your shot and mine, including removal of the overhead ladder rack, increased hosebed capacity, a stainless pump panel, and a white upper cab, as well as refurbed compartments and new red paint.  These things suffered from severe rust and had to be repaired several times over their lives.  The gray paint in your shot of Engine 8 was primer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Definitely Niagara Falls, NY.  I first visited there in the early 1990's and shot some of the same apparatus, including the 1959 Maxim/Young 1000/300.  I also shot Engine 8's ALF Pioneer II 1500/500 and a twin to Engine 3's ALF Pioneer 1500/350/35' Telesqurt that was running as Engine 6.  The rig at the drill tower is a 1981 ALF Century 100'.

Engine 8 had undergone several changes between your shot and mine, including removal of the overhead ladder rack, increaded hosebed capacity, a stainless pump panel, and a white upper cab, as well as refurbed compartments and new red paint.  These things suffered from severe rust and had to be repaired several times over their lives.  The gray paint in your shot of Engine 8 was primer.
excellent info!
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Quote:good eye..I think we have our answer
Plus, if it was the Canadian side, they would have a really cool looking red and yellow cab.   Fireman
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York