Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore City, MD (Box 6-27) 3-Alarm Building Fire 1/24/2013
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 shortly after midnight center city fire companies were dispatched for a reported building fire at the corner of N. Calvert & E. Read Streets in the historic Mount Vernon district adjacent to Downtown, Baltimore.  Engine Co. 6 from Oldtown Fire Station arrived first in reporting heavy fire showing from a 3 story corner building and Battalion 2, also from Oldtown, immediately requested a working fire. Not too long after that, a 2nd alarm was requested followed by a 3rd alarm minutes later. The building consisted of offices on the first floor and apartments on the 2nd and 3rd floors.  It took nearly 3 hours for firefighters to bring the blaze under control.  Fortunately, no injuries were reported and the cause is currently under investigation.

Once again by the time I arrived I missed all visible fire from the exterior and only caught smoke shots...

Attached Files Image(s)

10 Truck's crew working the ladder pipe.

Attached Files Image(s)

The wee little bit of fire I saw through the wood frame window on the 3rd floor...

Attached Files Image(s)

Truck 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Truck 1 and Truck 16.

Attached Files Image(s)

Truck 1's ladder pipe at work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thought this was such a neat shot here. The fire was right directly across the street from 16 Truck's old house.

Attached Files Image(s)

and last one. 10 Truck's ladder stick starting to icycle up on the tip due to the low temps that night while snowing.  I put all the rest up on my site http://klwaters4933fire.smugmug.com/.  

Attached Files Image(s)

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Nice!

Nice Shots