Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pennzoil Auto Fair
Yesterday I attended the Pennzoil Auto Fair at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord,NC. This show is geared more for muscle & classic cars but for the first time ever a fire truck display was also setup, coordinated by Vintage Fire Truck & Equipment Magazine (very cool publication BTW). My apologies for the indoor shots, but I'm pleased with how they turned out despite the amount of people at the event. This first rig is featured in the May-June 2016 issue.

Pataskala,OH

1967 Ford Bronco 4x4

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
The next rig will be featured in an upcoming issue and has an interesting history. In 1966, the Westinghouse Company purchased a IHC Scout/Hahn 2WD Mini-pumper for in plant fire protection to maneuver the narrow aisles between machines.Supposedly, there were two other 1968 Scout/Hahn 4x4 mini-pumpers (one that is still serving at the now Siemens Plant in Charlotte,NC).  In 1971, the Rural Hall Plant needed a fire truck as well as a brush unit for the property. Hahn was unable to build the mini-pumper due to ground clearance specs since it would also be a brush unit so Bruco was chosen instead. This is also the last Scout 800B because International changed the body style in 1972 or so I was told. The owner lives in the same town as me and will allow me posed shots later so stay tuned.

Westinghouse Co, Rural Hall (NC) Plant

1971 IHC Scout 800B/Bruco

250/250

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
Not much history is known about this one.

1887 Hand drawn ladder

Originally operated by the Concord (NC) Hook & Ladder Co (All African-American company)

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
Here is another industrial rig at the show.

GM Plant Fire Protection, Dayton,OH

Kalamazoo/Scat SL-2500

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
The owner must not know or care about the history of his truck because the official plaque on the truck lists it as a "1944 Mac B". Not much is original to this truck including the V10 Viper engine.

1944 Mack Type 45

Formerly served North Riverside,IL

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
Cross Mills Textile plant, Marion, NC

1936 Chevrolet/American

400FM/?

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
Thanks for sharing

Farmland, IN

1922 Ford TT/ALF

2-25 gal chemical tanks

Reg #F799

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
Kings Mountain,NC

1938 Ford/ALF

500/200

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
Some beautiful old trucks there.

Thanks for sharing 

Tisktisk And you didn't tell me about this event?

Quote:Tisktisk And you didn't tell me about this event?
Sorry Dave. I didn't figure it would be worth your time for just 8 rigs. At any rate, the Westinghouse truck can be posed anytime you are up this way, this was the rig I was telling you about.

Also, the Transportation Museum in Spencer is having another muster on June 18. The highlight in addition to the trucks will be the Norfolk Southern 9-1-1 honoring first responders engine. The general public is pretty excited about it, although I haven't heard if Mr. Corriher will bring his trucks or not. He has a few more trucks since the last muster he was at.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
June 18th, sounds like a plan.  I'll call you about it.

(04-10-2016, 01:17 PM)BFD1151 Wrote: Farmland, IN

1922 Ford TT/ALF

2-25 gal chemical tanks

Reg #F799

That would be what we call it at our station in farmland "The T" She was the first motorized apparatus we had at our station.