Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Educational Facility Training Rigs
As the Coordinator of Algonquin College's Fire Rescue program, in Ottawa, Ontario, I have a keen interest in what other educational facilities are running for training rigs, that don't respond to calls.  I don't think this topic has been started before, so here goes.

Algonquin College just scrapped this truck, a 1990 Spartan Gladiator/E-One 1250/300, that originally served Cambridge, Ontario.  It was scrapped as the transmission finally died, and there were a myriad of other expensive issues.  We just replaced it with a 2002 HME/Fort Garry purchased from Ottawa Fire.  Photos to come soon.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Also located in Ottawa is La Cite Collegiale, a French language college.  They also run a fire rescue program, and just placed into service this 2002 HME/Fort Garry 1250/500.  Formerly Ottawa Pump 13A, this rig is the only rig in the Ottawa area painted green.

Also being used at La Cite, although it is just stationary as a training prop, is this 1988 Ford C8000/Thibault 840/500, which originally saw service in Rockland, Ontario.

I don't like posting photos that I didn't take, unless I really need to. This is a college in Indianapolis, the capitol city in Indiana. Each trucks information is below the photo. I'm not sure if this is still their current fleet, however I do know I saw the Sutphen on a news segment a few months ago, and the bucket it no longer on it, they apparently use it as a ladder now.

http://indianafiretrucks.com/Station.aspx?StationId=690

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.