Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fdny 3rd alarm Bronx,Ny 3-23-14
Just noticed the street sign in pic 3.... nice!
Quote:Just noticed the street sign in pic 3.... nice!

Should have seen it in the 80's everything was burned out on burnside.
Wow! Is it typical to have a crowd like that in picture 4? I just don't know how you guys do it, the constant watching and crowds, if not for people standing around when you respond, then they're standing around on your scene! That, is why I like living out here in the good ole Midwest. Not to mention the traffic!

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:Wow! Is it typical to have a crowd like that in picture 4? I just don't know how you guys do it, the constant watching and crowds, if not for people standing around when you respond, then they're standing around on your scene! That, is why I like living out here in the good ole Midwest. Not to mention the traffic!

Trav!
Yeah burnside is very already a buisness district with shops. This beign a sunday morning church was letting go and with kids,churchgoers and shoppers it got crowded pretty fast 
Quote:[Image: 2zi8u2q.jpg]

Quote:I'm 99.9% positive that the FDNY spec calls for stainless steel bodies.  I know the cabs are stainless steel.

I do find it humorous that you think that the FDNY "missed this detail" (even though they didn't), given the level of expertise for their apparatus committee and the volume of apparatus they acquire and that you think "cost is a big deal" given what they pay for their apparatus.

Not washing the truck every time you return to the station is not the sole source for rust on apparatus. 

Again the photo shows they did miss the detail.
Ok we get it that rust is present on the compartment door to the potable ladders. This is a spare rig that is over 10 years old. Maybe the spec was written differently when these went to Seagrave
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
Did that crosswalk sign stop them from moving closer, It says STOP do they have to obey it?

Quote: 

Again the photo shows they did miss the detail.
Not really.  Like I said, I'm 99.9% sure that FDNY specs call for stainless steel bodies.  As such, those doors are likely to be stainless steel with a diamond plate skin on the outside, but the photo itself doesn't really prove or disprove this.

This unit is over 10 years old and no longer a front line unit in the largest city and arguably the busiest department in the country.  It's not going to hold up like a similar rig that only runs a few hundred calls per year.