Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-FDMH Mack - unusual pump panel
Question to the experts.  This ex-FDMH Mack CF is for sale in the Chicago area, and clearly has an unusual pump panel.  Futhermore, it's described as a "double pump."  Anyone know what the story is?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/4318057660.html

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Don't hold me to this, but I think I know what he is talking about.  First, this one isn't all Mack, just the chassis.  Not sure on the body builder, I see signs of Pierce, but it could be a 3-D or a Darley.  Looking at the pump panel, there are a lot of controls.  I think this rig might have a standard volume pump and a separate high-pressure booster pump, hence the "double pumper" description. 

And no, I don't consider myself an "expert", but I did spend the evening with guys like Walt McCall, Harvey Eckert, Peter West, Bill Killen, and Mike Sanders, so I am feeling a bit more educated than I did yesterday!

I show it as a 1973 and having a 1984 3-D refurb. 
Quote:And no, I don't consider myself an "expert", but I did spend the evening with guys like Walt McCall, Harvey Eckert, Peter West, Bill Killen, and Mike Sanders, so I am feeling a bit more educated than I did yesterday!
But did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express?? Hysterical
Mount Horeb operated two Mack CF pumpers a 1972 Mack with John Bean bodywork that was rebuilt by Custom Fire in 1988.  The one pictured was Mount Horeb Engine 3, a 1973 Mack CF originally built with John Bean bodywork and a 1250 gpm Bean volume pump and a Bean HPF booster pump.  Engine 3 was rebuilt by 3-D in 1983 with some additional work done by Custom Fire in 1987. Engine 3 carried Mack serial number CF795FC-1039.  Engine 2's unit was purchased used from Fairmount, New Jersey.

Hope that this information helps.

Tom Shand

Winchester, Virginia

Quote:And no, I don't consider myself an "expert", but I did spend the evening with guys like Walt McCall, Harvey Eckert, Peter West, Bill Killen, and Mike Sanders, so I am feeling a bit more educated than I did yesterday!

Wow, when I simply get around Mike Sanders alone sometimes I go into information overload.  I can't imagine being in the same room with all of those fellas.

Quote: I show it as a 1973 and having a 1984 3-D refurb. 

Quote:Mount Horeb operated two Mack CF pumpers a 1972 Mack with John Bean bodywork that was rebuilt by Custom Fire in 1988.  The one pictured was Mount Horeb Engine 3, a 1973 Mack CF originally built with John Bean bodywork and a 1250 gpm Bean volume pump and a Bean HPF booster pump.  Engine 3 was rebuilt by 3-D in 1983 with some additional work done by Custom Fire in 1987. Engine 3 carried Mack serial number CF795FC-1039.  Engine 2's unit was purchased used from Fairmount, New Jersey.

Hope that this information helps.

Tom Shand

Winchester, Virginia

Tom and John, thanks for the info!   John, I also got that e-mail from you, many thanks.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
On this topic, Mount Horeb has their Monster Squad for Sale, if its not sold already. I heard they had multiple interested depts out last weekend to take a look at it.  Sounds like the Fire Board or whatever told them they could get a New Ladder if they sold the Squad. We shall see!

Madison, Wisconsin

Dane County Public Safety Communications

Member--Wisconsin Incident Alert Group : [url="http://groups-beta.google.com/group/WIA"]http://groups-beta.g...e.com/group/WIA[/url]