Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 years worth of hard work and our new Ladder Tower is ordered.
2 years worth of hard work and our new Ladder Tower is ordered to replace our current Scope. Pre-con in a few weeks. After going through so many mfg and the bidding Rosenbauer has been award by the town to build a 88' midmount ladder tower quint. The toughest thing was to try to fit the same foot print that our Scope has, do to not being able to modify the firehouse at all. Here is a quick basic look of what it will look like and it will be retaining the black over red paint scheme and gold leafing that our scope has.

[Image: t2_zps2e2a9756.jpg]

Quick spec:

7-man cab

Cummins ISX 15

1500 gpm pump

250 gt

Signal joystick in bucket and at turntable and radio remote control

10 lbs. worth of stuff in the 5 lbs. bag.

Just to give you an idea of what it is replacing.

[Image: 850502176_zpsfefa7927.jpg]

Looks like a General Safety drawing.  Great folks up there...

"Old" rig sure looks great, I can only imagine the new one will be just as sharp.
Why are you replacing the existing apparatus?
North or South of one million?

tHANKs

tHANKs
Quote:Why are you replacing the existing apparatus?
The Scope is a 1994 we try to replace rigs every 20 years the scope replaced our yellow 1973 Snorkel. Plus thers been alot of money put into the scope and if we add up all the times its been oos it would come to about 2 years.

Quote:North or South of one million?

tHANKs
1.2mil with 90% new equipment and a 3 year service contract.
Will the "older" rig be going out on sealed bid?

Quote:The Scope is a 1994 we try to replace rigs every 20 years the scope replaced our yellow 1973 Snorkel. Plus thers been alot of money put into the scope and if we add up all the times its been oos it would come to about 2 years.

1.2mil with 90% new equipment and a 3 year service contract.

I first read that and said "geez... 1994 isn't that old..."

Then I did the math.  
Never saw a bell mounted to the turntable console before.

Quote:Will the "older" rig be going out on sealed bid?
As of right now it may go to govbid.com thing or one of the used fire truck brokers the mayor and lawyer or looking to that to see if it could be done.

Quote:I first read that and said "geez... 1994 isn't that old..."

Then I did the math.  
I have one month on the rig i became a firefighter in Sep of 95 and the rig went in service Oct of 95. I start with the department in 93 with the fire explorer program. Its amazeing how fast time flies.

Quote:Never saw a bell mounted to the turntable console before.
The front bumper is small on the rig and no room for it so the sales rep said we can mount it to the turntable. They will have to make a bracket up for the bell because we cant use the round base our they will mount right to the turntable and it will have a elec clapper with push button in the cab to ring the bell.
What is the size of the aerial on the old and new towers?

Quote:What is the size of the aerial on the old and new towers?

The old one is a 75' and the new one is a 88'.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Was refurbishment and remounting the boom considered?

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:Was refurbishment and remounting the boom considered?
We talked about it. But we still would have a 20 year aerial. The cost savings wouldn't be that much. Would lose the tower for 10 months at least. So we decided not to do a remount. Also I don't know if Seagrave would even do it. I know our boom is lighter then the current 75' scopes. The new scopes are much heavier and they are almost maxed the front axle out and they put steel plates all the way to the rear to try and counter balance the weight out and get more weight of the front axle. The 95' don't have this issue as to the boom being longer and counter balanceing them self's.
Thursday and Friday big day with sitting down with Rosenbauer for Pre-Con for our new Ladder Tower going to be two long days worth of more work.

Well got back 1am this morning from pre-con was hard working day and half of pre-con a lot of stuff was gone over and looked other trucks for other ideas and alot of things are being address/changed as with any pre-con trips and such her are a few photo's.

Here is a link to some pics.

Quote:Well got back 1am this morning from pre-con was hard working day and half of pre-con a lot of stuff was gone over and looked other trucks for other ideas and alot of things are being address/changed as with any pre-con trips and such her are a few photo's.

Here is a link to some pics.

Great pics!  Did you see anything for Miami Dade, pumper wise?

Thanks

Johnny C.
Quote: 

Great pics!  Did you see anything for Miami Dade, pumper wise?

Thanks

Johnny C.
No Miami Dade rigs at all. What body are they running. Seen a whole bunch of cabs for the Saudi pumpers besides the other chassis they are making. We where at the Wyoming, MN plant which does the EXT body that we are getting. Across the street is where they make the ARFF 4x4 and 6x6 rigs and in the same building where the ARFF is where the commander chassis are made and then driven across the street to the cab building where the cabs are done and mounted to the chassis. So our cab/chassis and body will be made at Wyoming, MN. The aerials is made at Fremont, NE. So when the cab/chassis is done its driven to Fremont to have the ladder tower mounted and then driven back to Wyoming to have the body built and installed and finished off.