Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Departments around Lake Norman, NC
While enjoying the last few days of my vacation at my in-laws, I ventured out to catch a few fire stations located around Lake Norman. For those not familiar, Lake Norman is a large man made lake located within several counties in western North Carolina. The lake itself has a surface area of 50.8 square miles  with 520 miles of shoreline, making it the largest man made freshwater lake in the state. My goal for the day was the Lake Norman Fire Department, but on the way I stumbled upon the Headquarters station of the Sherrills Ford-Terrell Fire Department.

Attached Files Image(s)

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Sherrills Ford-Terrell Fire Department is a combination department located in Catawba County and boasts 4 stations. The folks at headquarters were absolutely fantastic!! I did not obtain the information of the apparatus that I photographed, so I apologize in advance. First up, Engine 1.

Attached Files Image(s)

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Next up is Rescue 1, equipped for heavy rescue. The staff here advised that they get quite a few "pin-ins" so it's a hard working rescue.

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD

Ladder 1, a 105ft. aerial

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD

Truck 1 is a Ford brush unit

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD

Boat 1, used for incidents on Lake Norman which are quite frequent.

Truck 3 is used for support and EMS incidents.

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD

Air 1 is their mobile Scott cascade system and they have a station system as well.

Their new tanker is currently on display at the fire show in Raleigh, so I missed that one.

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Found this awesome mural painted on the engine room wall....

Attached Files Image(s)

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Finally, headquarters shares this facility with two other agencies, Catawba EMS and the Catawba County Sheriffs Office. The deputies at this location are responsible for incidents occurring on Lake Norman.

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD

The Catawba EMS unit is on the right.

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD

As I was getting ready to leave the engine and rescue were dispatched to assist one of their other stations with a vehicle crash.

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Finally made it to Lake Norman.....and no one was home.

Attached Files Image(s)

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
   Jon and I hit Sherrills Ford - Terrell FD a few years ago on one of our many ventures through the Carolinas.  Engine 1 is a 2006 Pierce Contender 1500/1000/20F.  Rescue 1 is a 2001 Pierce Saber with a Pierce Encore body.  Ladder 1 is a 2006 Pierce Dash 2000 with 2000/300/105' specs.

Thanks Dave!

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD