Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Surrey (UK) Scanias
Surrey Fire & Rescue Service is the county immediately to the south of London.

Having been a long time fan of Dennis appliances, recent annual fleet updated have consisted of Scanias - currently the P280. 2012 truck EU12FHK is seen in Epsom on 1st June, patrolling the area around the Epsom racecourse several hours before the Queen arrived to watch the Epsom Derby horse race.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good photo!

tHANKs
tHANKs
Great picture; thank you for posting!  What is the black plastic device just in front of the left front passenger's head on the windshield?  Is that a mirror or light (also in black plastic) just to the left of front passenger's left side over the door area?

Thanks in advance, I am always impressed with pics from Europe.

Very cool....wish FD's in the US would design a rig like this...it would be very interesting to import one for a trial.

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:Great picture; thank you for posting!  What is the black plastic device just in front of the left front passenger's head on the windshield?  Is that a mirror or light (also in black plastic) just to the left of front passenger's left side over the door area?

Thanks in advance, I am always impressed with pics from Europe.

Yes, these are both mirrors so the driver can see proximity of the front fender and the blind spot beneath the passenger door.
Scanias and Volvos are currently the most popular appliances amongst UK fire and rescue services.

Here's a JDC bodied Scania P270 from West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service in Worthing, new in 2008:

[Image: wsx-fr.jpg]

If you're thinking that this one looks a little shorter than normal, you'd be right.

It's one of a small number of "Heavy Rescue Units", with a rear mounted HIAB crane, as seen here:

[Image: wsx-rr.jpg]

Cheers - John 

Could you actually stuff all the gear that the ISO requires in the US into an engine from the UK?