Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-FDNY Rescue gets a second life
Only 21,867 miles, but you know they were 21,867 HARD miles. Looks as if Brindlee Mtn. is doing a minor refurb. before selling.

http://www.firetruckmall.com/AvailableTr...spx?Id=480

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
looks like someone bought it at the auction .. threw some paint on it and brindlee is trying to flip it for a huge profit

Brindlee and Fenton are just brokering for the owner who bought it at auction. All e-lights, and the rear aluminium budds are missing. Also there are quite of few Ex-DCFD pumpers out there on Fenton from guys in Pa. and Ky. buying them up putting new lights and etc on them and flipping them up to 100% profit.  

http://www.firetruckmall.com/AvailableTr...spx?Id=589

Looks to be in good condition especially seeing what they do to those things to go on the auction block.

One of the aforementioned DCFD alumni.

http://fentonfire.com/engines_and_pumper...p?lid=4751

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
The FDNY E-257 rig I believe was bought and refurbished privately, was making the rounds out of state at musters and parades etc. I guess the guy decided to sell it.
Quote:Brindlee and Fenton are just brokering for the owner who bought it at auction. All e-lights, and the rear aluminium budds are missing. Also there are quite of few Ex-DCFD pumpers out there on Fenton from guys in Pa. and Ky. buying them up putting new lights and etc on them and flipping them up to 100% profit.  
I'm glad someone else mentioned this.  Having been to Brindlee and seen their operation, I'm pretty confident if the rig were Brindlee owned, it would never be photographed and posted in the shape this unit was.  They do a heck of a job on some of the stuff that comes through down there.  Was there less than a month ago and the place is busy...  I think they're selling what averages to over a rig a day this year.

If you're ever close to Huntsville, AL I'd recommend any apparatus geek stop in.  They're great folks there, were happy to see us and while we may someday do business with them, were there only to snoop around on this visit.  They couldn't have made me feel more welcome.  Perhaps I'll post some photos if time allows and they don't look too bad.
Quote:Only 21,867 miles, but you know they were 21,867 HARD miles. Looks as if Brindlee Mtn. is doing a minor refurb. before selling.

http://www.firetruckmall.com/AvailableTr...spx?Id=480

Trav!
Maybe 121,867......................I believe R-2 is the busiest rescue (run wise), in the 5 Boro's.................And the Boro of Brooklyn is HUGE, no way that rig only had 21, 867 miles on it.................Also, these 2002 E\-One Rescues were ALWAYS in the shops..................
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Quote:I'm glad someone else mentioned this.  Having been to Brindlee and seen their operation, I'm pretty confident if the rig were Brindlee owned, it would never be photographed and posted in the shape this unit was.  They do a heck of a job on some of the stuff that comes through down there.  Was there less than a month ago and the place is busy...  I think they're selling what averages to over a rig a day this year.

If you're ever close to Huntsville, AL I'd recommend any apparatus geek stop in.  They're great folks there, were happy to see us and while we may someday do business with them, were there only to snoop around on this visit.  They couldn't have made me feel more welcome.  Perhaps I'll post some photos if time allows and they don't look too bad.
Funny thing is there a ton of folks picking old trucks at auction and asking way to much for them. Any rigs that Brindlee picks up (mostly on trade in) are checked out and not beat and over priced. I know a few who have dealt with them (buying or selling) were quite happy with dealing with them.
I wouldnt say all their rigs are great .. I know my department sold back to Pierce a 1998 100ft tower with a cracked frame, cracked touqe box 100K miles on the truck, other major electrical problems on the ladder for $25K. Brindlee bought it from Pierce after it was  suppoededly repaired all the cracks. They refurbed it  repainted and put new LED lights and " fixed " all the problems then sold it to a department in South Carolina for $488K

Quote:Maybe 121,867......................I believe R-2 is the busiest rescue (run wise), in the 5 Boro's.................And the Boro of Brooklyn is HUGE, no way that rig only had 21, 867 miles on it.................Also, these 2002 E-One Rescues were ALWAYS in the shops..................

Now that would make more sense!

Quote:I wouldnt say all their rigs are great .. I know my department sold back to Pierce a 1998 100ft tower with a cracked frame, cracked touqe box 100K miles on the truck, other major electrical problems on the ladder for $25K. Brindlee bought it from Pierce after it was  suppoededly repaired all the cracks. They refurbed it  repainted and put new LED lights and " fixed " all the problems then sold it to a department in South Carolina for $488K

I can't remember who the broker was, so I'm certainly not going to say it was Brindlee, but we had the same thing happen with a neighboring department. They had an 80 something Ford C/E-One with a cracked frame and other minor problems that made them decide getting a new truck would be more cost effective. They sold that truck for $20,000 or the likes thereof to the broker, shortly after that it was in a magazine for signifigantly more than that!

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
The condition that FDNY disposes of a rig now leaves much to be desired. ANY part basically except for the cab,body and wheels, basically, are picked clean. Then usually a scrap metal dealer will pick it up and tear it apart.

Whomever purchases this rig thereafter, will have to fabricate a lot of custom steel, aluminum, and other parts.

The body is stainless steel, and was built at Saulsbury (early on before closure of NY facility) in NY in 2002. Only the chasis is an E\-One Florida produced item.

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
I think the mileage is actually 218,670. Read the odometer carefully.
you can see the . between the 7 and the 0  It may not be the original odometer..