Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fully involved vacant in Buffalo 4/5/13
I finally got to see some fire!

Details of the fire:

On April 5, 2013 at approximately 9:30 P.M. the Buffalo Fire Alarm Office received several calls reporting a structure fire in the vicinity of Gittere Street and Walden Avenue on the city's East Side. First in Engine 31 arrived at 127 Gittere and reported a fully involved two and one half story wood frame with an exposure problem at 129 Gittere. They immediately layed off two 2 1/2" hose lines and began to protect the exposure. Ladder 14 requested an extra two engines and one ladder truck to the scene. Several more hose lines were advanced into the exposure building and firefighters were able to limit the damage to the exposure building. Firefighters used one tower ladder, two 2 1/2" and three 1 3/4" hand lines. Crews completed operations in just under two hours. Damage was listed as $35,000 to 127 Gittere and $5,000 to 129 Gittere. The cause is under investigation.  

Ladder 6 sets up, I think Ladder 14 ended up being used tho.

[Image: DSC_1547-L.jpg]

Crews protect the #2 exposure

[Image: DSC_1548-L.jpg]

Pulling lines from Engine 31, they layed 2 big lines right away and prevented the exposure from really getting going.

[Image: DSC_1555-L.jpg]

Few lines into the exposure

[Image: DSC_1566-L.jpg]

Starting to darken down, the crew from Engine 33 heads off to supply water from Sycamore Street.

[Image: DSC_1573-L.jpg]

Thanks for looking!

Kevin
Visit my website Buffalo, NY Fire Photos
Visit my Zazzle store 

Awesome Kevin!

Ken LaBelle

Capt Town of Lincoln Fire/Rescue 4
NRIFirePhotos.com
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Is it safe to say at this point that they have a bit of an arson problem going on out there in buffalo...
Great shots.

Great set of photos.

Post #1 looks like a dragon. Thanks for the pics
nice pics

That is definitely fully involved. Great photos.

Thank's for the photos. Great pics

Great shots!

Eli Gill - [url="http://10-75.Net"]10-75.Net[/url]
Great shots of all the pic good job