Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100's of Classic FDNY Photos online!
NYC has just put online 800,000 photos! Of them there about 700+ FDNY photos within the bowels of this site the scanning resolution is outstanding. Prints can be bought although someone must be trying to make up for a budget shortfall with the outrageous prices they are charging.

1937 Ward La France, Searchlight #1 is an example of just one of these photos - amazing stuff. Hope they haven't broken any HIPPA Laws sharing these photos.  22_yikes 

Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
Ed, great find.  I have marked the site as a favorite and there's much

more than fire scenes.  I use to "spark" NY in the late sixties and

early seventies so I can appreciate many of the pictures.

tHANKs

tHANKs
Quote:NYC has just put online 800,000 photos! Of them there about 700+ FDNY photos within the bowels of this site the scanning resolution is outstanding. Prints can be bought although someone must be trying to make up for a budget shortfall with the outrageous prices they are charging.

1937 Ward La France, Searchlight #1 is an example of just one of these photos - amazing stuff. Hope they haven't broken any HIPPA Laws sharing these photos.  22_yikes 

Wow great photos, but at 45 plus shipping for a 8X10, I think I'll just look.  Mellow
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"