Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rig New Project
Well it all started with a dream. A dream to drive a tiller. Firefighters are like big kids. I am a firefighter and have always been fascinated with ladder truck. To narrow it down more Tillers. I live 2 hours from the nearest Tiller in Indiana. Last summer (August 26th, 2017) while planning the 2017 New Haven Indiana fire Muster many members of the Muster committee stated they always wanted to drive a tiller. Well the Muster went better than ever expected and it was time to move on to the next dream before the 2018 Muster planning started.

So in September part of the Tiller Team traveled to Hollywood Florida to look at buying a TDA they had for sale. It was decided it would not make the 1000 plus mile trip back home. So the search continued. Several weeks later we had our truck. Purchased was Old Phoenix, AZ TDA Ladder 20. It was very dirty and needed a lot of TLC. It was missing several things mainly a passenger seat. The rig was drove from Utah to Indiana over 3 days. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Members of the Tiller team have  spent hundreds of hours scrubbing every inch of the truck. It has taken hundreds of hours to replace missing or broken parts on the rig. As of today it is in the home stretch of getting ready for the 2018 muster season. here is a pic of the inside of the cab when we got it.   

Attached Files Image(s)

The cab has been cleaned metal storage boxes have been removed and matching seat was installed. I had to make the brackets from scratch. 

Attached Files Image(s)

New matching passenger seat installed. Also originally where the stainless steel piece is they had very dirty carpet. It was removed and The stainless was installed to match the stock drivers area.  

Attached Files Image(s)

Almost every emergency light has been replaced with a NOS one. This truck when done in a few weeks will look as it did when in service. Including street key, pike poles, fire extinguishers, stokes basket, water cooler, and Axes. 

The main reason that im posting this here is Im looking for photos of it when it was in service. Or any information we can gain from it. In our research its a 1999 ALF / 1990 LTI 90' TDA. It served as ladder 1, 20. 

Not the greatest picture, but it I believe this is it. I also have another numbered as Ladder 4, but that may be the other one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here's what I have when they were in service as a reserve.  These two are different rigs, but I'm fairly sure yours is the second photo down (#931125 - small windows on back cab wall).

Here is #031042

John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Here is #031042 Officer's side

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

does anyone have a straight on pic of the union logo that is on the tractor rear doors?

[quote name='SWFDPT3' timestamp='1518269280' post='567191']does anyone have a straight on pic of the union logo that is on the tractor rear doors?[/quote][Image: 717c1338d494201c7c6f93cc5c3e28c4.jpg]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thank you