Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago Still Alarm 9740 Farragut April 17, 2013
I was able to attend an unusual incident last night. There is a small area that belongs to Chicago, that lies along Foster ave west of River rd, adjacent to O'Hare Field. This is much closer to a couple of suburbs..Rosemont and Schiller park, yet it belongs to CFD. It isn't really a good run for either the Airport companies..nor engine 11.Sort of a no man's land. Rosemont responded to smoke in the area, as well as Schiller Park , Desplaines, and Park Ridge. CFD was notified as well. Arriving units found a well involved tour/party type bus inside an industrial building. Park Ridge, due on auto aide, used a deck gun to hit the bulk of the fire. Chicago companies arrived and worked in concert with all the suburban units. Another interesting aspect to this was the MVU (924) was used..this rig lives at O'Hare Field and most of us fire fan types have never actually had a chance to see the unit in operation. I also took a photo or 2 of the various municipality street signs at each end of the block. They used suburban style hydrants, but I think I heard the sprinkler connections on the fire building were Chicago threads. All in all a "once in a billion years" kinda deal.
Steve

Attached Files Image(s)

Park Ridge, just after using the deck gun

Attached Files Image(s)

Putting the MVU in position..notice the unit is not raised yet

Attached Files Image(s)

Now raised

Attached Files Image(s)

A smaller version than the big 923 unit in the city proper

Attached Files Image(s)

Schiller park

Attached Files Image(s)

DesPlaines reserve engine

Attached Files Image(s)

Airport Engine 9

Attached Files Image(s)

Squad 7

Attached Files Image(s)

7A

That's about it..a little video to follow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3y6PZ8RhL8

7A

Attached Files Image(s)

Thats the little stretch that is the Umbilical cord that attaches Chicago with O'hare.  

Nice shots of a fire in an unusual place. Is this Engine 11's or 9's Still? Who would be the first in trucks?

[color="#FF0000"]D Herndobler[/color]
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Nice work!

Greg Muhr

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/'>http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/</a>
Quote:Nice shots of a fire in an unusual place. Is this Engine 11's or 9's Still? Who would be the first in trucks?
According to the box card it's 11-86  Truck 9-57..I think I would use an airport company as my 2nd engine on that response
Quote:According to the box card it's 11-86  Truck 9-57..I think I would use an airport company as my 2nd engine on that response

Neither of those houses have a good route to get there. Based on the map, Engine 9 would have the best response there. Did they (Eng 9) end up there with the MVU?
[color="#FF0000"]D Herndobler[/color]