Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody have any information on this rig?
Hey there firepixers! havent been on here in a while! I need some help Identifying a rig for a friend of mine. The rig is now located at the Jakes Branch FD in Hazard, KY. Apparently it came from Springfield, PA. He wanted to know if it may have been a refurbished St. Louis unit. 1987 KME/LTI. Any infor would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like ex. Springtown (Bucks County, PA) - originally ex. Saint Louis.  I had it going to Bulan, KY - is that the same as Jakes Branch ?

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
Ben   Where have you been? Though maybe some aliens kidnapped you.  Looking forward to more of your Gateway City work.

Quote:Ben   Where have you been? Though maybe some aliens kidnapped you.  Looking forward to more of your Gateway City work.

I've been around. Been working a lot and taking the entry tests for the STLFD. Waiting on my results from the final interview. But other than that i have been running a page on facebook FirstAlarmphotos STL. It's just easier because i can post my pictures without re-sizing then to 200kb. Thinking about getting some pics up here anyways in a few days. just a lot going on.
Quote:Looks like ex. Springtown (Bucks County, PA) - originally ex. Saint Louis.  I had it going to Bulan, KY - is that the same as Jakes Branch ?

Thanks,

Bruce
Thanks for the quick response and info! That would be correct. jakes branch is in Bulan, KY and im guessing hazard is the county? Any info on who did the restoration or which STLFD unit it was originally?
Quote:im guessing hazard is the county?

Hazard is a city in Perry County

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Ben,

I'm thinking Northeast Fire Apparatus did the repainting since that is who Springtown purchased it from.  I do not know which St. Louis company it came from - no serial # info - sorry.

Bruce

Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
Good lick Ben on getting on the job in St Louis.  The job needs many more people like you that want to do the job for the love 3_5_14  of it.  I will check out Facebook

Correct, ex-Springtown, Pa. (Bucks County Company 40.) 

This is my photo.  It is at Jakes Branch in Perry County, KY.  Here is what the full photo and details SHOULD show...

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:This is my photo.  It is at Jakes Branch in Perry County, KY.  Here is what the full photo and details SHOULD show...

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY
Thanks Kent! I got this from a guy who works there wanting to know more info. still trying to track down a serial #
Ben,

My database doesn't have the serial number.  But, let me do some digging.  

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY

Mystery solved. 

Serial number 8704078.  SLFD shop number 73.  Served St. Louis Engine 28.  Sold to Springtown, PA...repainted locally and break-away ladder tip added.  Sold to Jakes Branch, KY.   

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY
Quote:Mystery solved. 

Serial number 8704078.  SLFD shop number 73.  Served St. Louis Engine 28.  Sold to Springtown, PA...repainted locally and break-away ladder tip added.  Sold to Jakes Branch, KY.   

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY
Anyone have a pic of it while at Saint Louis