Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manchester,NH FD
was browsing through firenews.org  and looking at the roster for manchester fd it says trucks 3,5,6,7 are crossed staffed by the associated engine. Are they crossed staffed due to budget cuts or its just the way they run those trucks.

Budget/brownouts I think.
This is my understanding of the situation, anyone with solid info please correct me if I have it wrong (Sippy). A couple years ago (2011 I think) there were some layoffs at MFD. Because of this, there was a manpower "realignment" which put more staffing on the remaining in service trucks (4) and put the trucks listed as cross staffed. Before the layoffs, MFD ran 2 man trucks. Check out the MPFFA site for some additional information about the department & staffing; iaff856.com
ok thanx guys
My understanding is Truck 1 & Truck 7 are staffed full time ( one fully staffed truck company for each half of the city), Trucks 3, 5, and 6 are "cross-manned" and are typically the second piece of the engine company they are housed with. Truck 2 and Engine-Truck 4 were placed OOS a couple of years ago however, but how they shuffled the staffing I'm not 100% sure of.