Sitting outside of Mt. Storm, WV Fire Station

For Sale sign in the window

Ex. Engine 152

Mt. Storm VFD

1987 Pierce Lance

E-3345

1,250 gpm / 750 gallons

Former Engine 23-12 - McCoole, MD

Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
I hope some folks can fill in the blanks on this ALF.

It is sitting at a antique shop in Romney, West Virginia. It is a ALF 750gpm.

I went into the antique shop to get information because the doors of the ALF are locked and broken (I tried to open them). The owner says he hass to run a wire from the back jump seats to unlock it, which he was not going to take the time to do. I was hoping to view the ALF plate inside, which I could not from the outside.

He told me it came from Johnstown, PA. From Johnstown, it was sold to a restoration company in Altoona, PA. He bought it and drove it to Romney.

Would anyone have additional info on the year, gwt, etc.

Thanks,

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
is it this one?

1981 7276 CE7276 Johnstown, Pennsylvania PA 1750/500 American La France Belmont FC, Richland Twp., PA

[quote name='mnsand' date='07 July 2010 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1278548321' post='391564']

I hope some folks can fill in the blanks on this ALF.

It is sitting at a antique shop in Romney, West Virginia. It is a ALF 750gpm.

I went into the antique shop to get information because the doors of the ALF are locked and broken (I tried to open them). The owner says he hass to run a wire from the back jump seats to unlock it, which he was not going to take the time to do. I was hoping to view the ALF plate inside, which I could not from the outside.

He told me it came from Johnstown, PA. From Johnstown, it was sold to a restoration company in Altoona, PA. He bought it and drove it to Romney.

Would anyone have additional info on the year, gwt, etc.

Thanks,

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

[/quote]
Mike,

Highly doubt it. Both of the Belmonts Alf's were refurbed with 4 door cab enclosures.
Found this relic parked at some sort of Pepper-products business alongside Highway 411 between Newport, TN and Sevierville, TN on Friday. Hasn't been there long. I just travelled this road a few weeks ago and it wasn't there.

Camp Creek FD of Lancaster County, SC "X Engine 402"

198? Ford F-700/Atlas

750FM/750

S/N # FB-468

Now P/O in Sevierville, TN

Andrew Messer Photo (2010)

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

Found this Howe outside of Osceola,IL

Attached Files Image(s)

Another

Attached Files Image(s)

Baker / Mathias Fire Department

Mathias Station

Mathias, WV

X-Engine 4-13

1982 Seagrave HB-24068 / sn: M-79215

Former: Kentland, MD.

For Sale:

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
Front View

Officer's Side

[quote name='YeOldeEnjine' date='30 July 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1280531849' post='395378']

Officer's Side

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=63880]

[/quote]

forgot to put LOUD VERY LOUD detroit diesel. if i remember it sounded awesome when it was engine 331
Tim, did M-B dispose of this old Kentland rig?
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
[quote name='Roto-Ray' date='30 July 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1280544551' post='395415']

Tim, did M-B dispose of this old Kentland rig?

[/quote]

No, Taylor it is sitting in the Mathias Station waiting for a buyer to come along..... It has a leaking rear brake chamber, some rust, no crew cab headliner, and the typical wear and tear but overall it's not in bad shape.

That would be a nice engine to have. Any idea the asking price?
[quote name='Shoop' date='31 July 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1280548195' post='395421']

That would be a nice engine to have. Any idea the asking price?

[/quote]

I understand the Fire Chief has been trying to get $10,000.00.... BUT, they have been sitting on the rig for over a year trying to get rid of it. My offer was considerable less. The assembled membership yesterday wanted to take my money and have me take the rig home at that moment...

This is a shot I took yesterday of the City of Latrobe, PA ex Truck 2. 1979 ALF 100' mm. It is sitting at Fortunatos on Route 22 west of Blairsville. Currently for sale, no engine.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department

Behind old Truck 2, is Latrobe ex Engine 5. A Hendrickson/FMC that served Conemaugh/Tunnelton. It too is at Fortunatos.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

The ex West Newton tiller is also at Fortunatos. This rig is for sale too. Doesn't look real bad.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

This Ford C/Hamerly is located at Fortunatos. Not sure the year.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

This ex Center Township, ex Indiana Borough Ford C/Pierce is located at Fortunatos.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief