Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Empire State Oldies
[quote name='The Commish' post='3660' date='Jul 4 2006, 22:48 ']Sloatsburg, NY I've got the wrong Data!

Ron Bogardus photo[/quote]

Sloatsburg, NY

2004 KME Excel 1750/850

15-1750
Katonah Fire Department

Katonah, NY

1928 American Lafrance 750 gpm

Attached Files Image(s)

South Salem Fire Dept.

South Salem, NY

1924 Dodge

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Rheems1' post='18258' date='Aug 2 2006, 16:05 ']Is this beast still in service? I had seen it once before with a different trailer if my memory serves me.. but I thought they had gotten rid of it... but now seeing this picture...I am thinking maybe they didn't.

Dave Fritz[/quote]

8722 was replaced in 1999 by a 93' LTI midmount tower ladder on a 10 man spartan chassis. 8722, at least the ladder portion, now resides in Hilton Head SC. The compartments have been refurbed and a ALF tractor is now pulling the aerial. I can say having been on a number of runs on the old 8722 that there truly was no other truck like it.
Not a great shot but its a 1921 model-t chemical engine from Commack NY.

Attached Files Image(s)

Catskill, NY

1949 Mack

750/300

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Hunter, Ny

1926 American LaFrance

750/100

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Cuddebackville Fire Dept 802

1982 Chevy Sierra 3500

Photo by thom2943

Attached Files Image(s)

Pioneer Engine Co.

Ellenville, NY

Photo by thom2943

Attached Files Image(s)

Protection Hose Co.

Jeffersonville, NY

Photo by thom2943

Attached Files Image(s)

Hoos Truck Co. Number 2

Livingston Manor, NY

Photo by thom2943

Attached Files Image(s)

Excelsior Hook & Ladder

Middletown, NY

1989 Simon-Duplex/LTI 110'

Photo by thom2943

Attached Files Image(s)

Pine Bush Fire Dept

1987 Pierce/Quality

Photo by thom2943

Attached Files Image(s)

Big Moose (Herkimer County NY) recently retired this 1963 Chevy/Sanford pumper. It is now offered for sale.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
Here are three "oldies" in action, from Old Forge (Herkimer Co., NY). An unknown IH rescue, a 1965 Ford/Sanford pumper, and a Ford/Blitz Buggy, locally built in the hamlet of Old Forge.

Photo of a photo, credit to the original unknown photographer.

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

Old Forge NY also ran this FWD pumper, originally it served in Kings Park NY, and was retired a couple of years ago by Racquette Lake (Hamilton Co., NY).

John Kenealy

Another photo off the Old Forge FD bulletin board was of this "Snow-Cat". Marked as Rescue 1, it was a early version of a rescue sled, which are now usually snowmobiles. Old Forge is a tourist area and is a sort of a winter "playground" with tons of snowmobilers hitting the trails....and unfortunately hitting trees.

John Kenealy

[quote name='CNYFireTrucks' post='36642' date='Sep 24 2006, 20:28 ']Big Moose (Herkimer County NY) recently retired this 1963 Chevy/Sanford pumper. It is now offered for sale.[/quote]

What a great old truck, it looks like it is in great shape! For Sale huh, too bad it won't fit in my garage! One unusual feature on this truck is the 4 lengths of hard suction on the side. In most cases you will find only 2 or 3!

tim/csff25
Dix Hills NY (suffolk) Not sure of the year. International Harvester Pumper.

[quote name='aliad' post='35488' date='Sep 20 2006, 03:51 ']Protection Hose Co.

Jeffersonville, NY

Photo by thom2943[/quote]

You need a shot of Jeffersonville's antique from the 1930's. It's got a garden hose size discharge that looks like part of the pump but can really be connected to a keg of beer. I've seen it at the Port Jervis parade and have imbibed in some of the brew a few times thanks to the very hospitable guys from Jeffersonville.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]