Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
[Image: DSC_1866.jpg]

Safety Battalion
Eli Gill - [url="http://10-75.Net"]10-75.Net[/url]
On August 28-29 a piece of WTC steel was transported tot the Arlington Country Fire Dept. The were drilling at the Pentagon on that terrible morning in September of 2001 and were on scene when the aircraft hit. Part of the convoy was this 1962 Dodge chief's buggy. (It was found out in Seattle wearing a powder blue paint job. This isn't a restoration, rather it's a re-creation.) These pix are around 0630 on a Saturday morning as the convoy gets ready to leave Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, NY.

Phil, Bklyn.    

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

FDNY Engine 343 arrives to take part in the convoy. (The time stamp is off by an hour. My camera doesn't auto adjust for EDT.)

Attached Files Image(s)

A few minutes earlier the piece of steel arrived on its trailer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Every bridge had the local fire company out and saluting. (The run to Shanksville had 142 pieces of apparatus and 880 firefighters on the bridges just in NJ.

Attached Files Image(s)

This is outside ACFD station #5 where the steel is being put into a temporary cradle.

Attached Files Image(s)

These young singers appeared last year at Fort Benning, GA. When they heard that this year's run was to Wash DC they spent the intervening school year raising money to make the trip to our nation's capital to take part. They're from Fanin Georgia, left at 6 PM and traveled all night long to get here.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are some pix of the ceremony on Sunday morning. The first is setting a "Never Forget" quilt across the doors of the new ACFD station #5.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Bklyn Phil' date='15 September 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1284596387' post='402820']

On August 28-29 a piece of WTC steel was transported tot the Arlington Country Fire Dept. The were drilling at the Pentagon on that terrible morning in September of 2001 and were on scene when the aircraft hit. Part of the convoy was this 1962 Dodge chief's buggy. (It was found out in Seattle wearing a powder blue paint job. This isn't a restoration, rather it's a re-creation.) These pix are around 0630 on a Saturday morning as the convoy gets ready to leave Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, NY.

Phil, Bklyn.[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=65504]

[/quote]

Is that Gary U?
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
it is!

[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' date='15 September 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1284606724' post='402871']

Is that Gary U?

[/quote]
Here's the FDNY brothers marching in.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' date='15 September 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1284606724' post='402871']

Is that Gary U?

[/quote]

Yes it is.

Phil, Bklyn
In addition to the large piece of steel several smaller pieces were fashioned from some WTC aluminum, mounted on a board made from a pew from a 200 year old church in Brooklyn for the ACFD Hq. Here it is in front of the podium, then a close up.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are the large piece in its temporary cradle and a smaller piece commemorating the date and Flt 77.

Attached Files Image(s)

While the trip was being planned a member of the NYC Fire Riders motorcycle club wrote and asked for permission to ly a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. That was granted.

Image(s)

The final part of this trip was visiting the grave of S/Sgt Chris Engeldrum, a brother from the FDNY who was called to active duty and KIA in Iraq.

The procession that followed for the steel was very impressive, and I only caught the tail end of it when it went under Sand Spring Rd overpass on I95 in Laurel, MD. I did see the Seagrave Rearmount ladder, anyone have a shot of that?
[quote name='Bklyn Phil' date='16 September 2010 - 03:14 AM' timestamp='1284620093' post='402894']

The final part of this trip was visiting the grave of S/Sgt Chris Engeldrum, a brother from the FDNY who was called to active duty and KIA in Iraq.

[/quote]

The FDNY-VFW is named in honor of Chris.
[quote name='WFDT42' date='16 September 2010 - 10:48 AM' timestamp='1284647319' post='402916']

The procession that followed for the steel was very impressive, and I only caught the tail end of it when it went under Sand Spring Rd overpass on I95 in Laurel, MD. I did see the Seagrave Rearmount ladder, anyone have a shot of that?

[/quote]

Here's a click of Ladder 343. It's not a part of the FDNY Fire Family Transport Fund. It's an independent piece/organization out of Buffalo NY. They asked to come along and be a part.

Phil, Bklyn

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are shot pix of ACFD equipment. The first is their IC van which has a signboard that identified what was going on that morning.

Attached Files Image(s)