Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
73 Mack Cf 600.
Finaly i am the proud owner of a 1973 Mack CF 600. This truck originaly was purchased by Aspinwall Fire department near Pittsburgh Pa. It then was bought by Arnold Pa which it was repainted and a poly tank was put into it. Im not sure exactly when it was bought but the cheif said its been at arnold for about 13 years. Tag on the truck says it was delivered 12/72. CF685F1503 If anyone has photos of its life at Aspinwall or any pictures of it at all please post them. I just drove it tonight for the first time and it drives like a dream. Also i am looking for or need help with the following. A Black CF style mack steering wheel, fuel gage isnt working, head liner. Ill post the pictures i have of it. I havnt decided if shes going to lititz for mack day.

Attached Files Image(s)

Interior shot. Head liner looks like a piece of cardboard painted black. And the steering wheel is a mack wheel but not for a CF. Im hoping to replace both of these.

Attached Files Image(s)

Picture of some of the dashboard. Was told fuel gauge doesnt work, which will need fixed soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Front shot

Attached Files Image(s)

Another cab shot. Truck is really clean and has only 2 rust spots. She comes home wednesday and ill get alot better pictures of it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good stuff. Glad it went to a good home.
If you guys are our my way and want pictures let me know. If anyone wants pictures of it or a ride let me know!
a whole bunch of Macks getting bought on Firepics lately.......congrats!! you're right....steering wheel has GOT to go but at least she's still a 5-spd!!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
Nice Mack welcome to the Fire Pics Mack owners club. LOL. I'll look around the area for a steering wheel for ya. Headliners are a hard item to find though.
[quote name='T Niss' date='20 September 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1285030995' post='403685']

Nice Mack welcome to the Fire Pics Mack owners club. LOL. I'll look around the area for a steering wheel for ya. Headliners are a hard item to find though.

[/quote]

Mine and yours fought fire together. Lol. Looking forward to meeting you at lititz
Congrats. Yours was the 9th one made after mine. Probably on the line at the same time!
Good luck with your new toy.

tHANKs
tHANKs
[quote name='Rpaterson33' date='20 September 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1285029981' post='403676']

Picture of some of the dashboard. Was told fuel gauge doesnt work, which will need fixed soon.

[/quote]

I had trouble with my fuel gauge--Took a long stick that was flex able and went into the fuel cap and fished around very gently and free it up--its on a arm and that sticks at the joint
Congrats on the new toy!! Enjoy!!
"RIP" Brothers Carter,Phillips,Matthews,Robinson & McRae!!
Here it is back in the day. Picture is from 1984 or 1985. I believe it was at the Etna parade.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ATF thanks for the picture! Well the pup had its first bath at home and some other cleaning with the truck. Took her out and got her first pictures as well.
ATF thanks for the picture! Well the pup had its first bath at home and some other cleaning with the truck. Took her out and got her first pictures as well.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another shot in the field.

Attached Files Image(s)

Passengers side.

Attached Files Image(s)

Rear

Attached Files Image(s)