Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 1972 Mack CF
Nice Mack, Fletch! When I got mine, it had electrical issues as well. I spent a fair amount of time (and money) getting them straight. Ironically, I had the same issue with it being wired up as 24-volts. Somehow, we salvages the starter...but lost some wires.
[quote name='Volunteer2Serve' date='18 August 2010 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1282163884' post='398024']

Nice Mack, Fletch! When I got mine, it had electrical issues as well. I spent a fair amount of time (and money) getting them straight. Ironically, I had the same issue with it being wired up as 24-volts. Somehow, we salvages the starter...but lost some wires.

[/quote]

Can I ask how long you have been working on yours--Its been 3 years for me and I still have a long way to go on the wireing--I still have trouble with the horn and low beams on the head lights==Fletch
Fletch,

I've only had mine for 7 or 8 months. Luckily, it was pretty sound - but I still have some work to do. My siren box doesn't work, I have a leak in my pump drain, and my primer pump is weak. But, it drives, and the kids like it! But I know where you're at. I spend many weekend rewiring headlights, tail lights, turn signals, etc. The biggest thing I've noticed is that the ground needs to be very strong. Make sure to sand the back of the lights, and the frame where they touch. If both surfaces aren't completely clean, it won't work at all...

Good luck, and have fun!
With mine Ive had some electrical issues as well. I had to rewire the mini bars on the cab- bad grounds. A switch for the rear spotlights was broke and it kept tripping the breaker. The cab ICC lights keep blowing bulbs but that is because the lenses are cracked and water keeps getting in(can't find replacement lenses so I am going to have to buy 5 new lights and replace them). I can't get the cab spot lights to work (always hated those things).
[quote name='T Niss' date='22 August 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1282501348' post='398508']

With mine Ive had some electrical issues as well. I had to rewire the mini bars on the cab- bad grounds. A switch for the rear spotlights was broke and it kept tripping the breaker. The cab ICC lights keep blowing bulbs but that is because the lenses are cracked and water keeps getting in(can't find replacement lenses so I am going to have to buy 5 new lights and replace them). I can't get the cab spot lights to work (always hated those things).

[/quote]

Sorry guys for not getting back to you sooner--I't been a tough week--I'll respond back by the end of the week--Check out my post--GENERAL DISCUSSION Fire Service Related--Capt Joseph W. Madison
Fletch looking forward to some more refurb details.