Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
E-4 in Halifax N.S. is a 1997 Superior E-1 Cyclone with 1250/500/25 specs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I goofed! Try this photo instead! E-4

can somebody please post photos of all the Safety Boss rigs and Syncrude rigs
When we were in Halifax they were still running this 1989 Phoenix Simon Duplex LTI Simon Snorkle as Platform 3

Halifax N.S. runs this 2008 Metalfab built Freightliner FL 80 as Rescue 3

Two more from Halifax, with Q-7 as a 2008 Pierce Dash with 1750/500/ 75 ft.

Halifax N.S. runs a 1098 Superior E-1 Cyclone 1500/500 as E-3

I left a lot of noseprints at various fire stations in our travels, including New Minas, N.S. I did find this brush breaker sitting out side the fire station. "Smokey" was built by Lewis R Benedict and looks like it will go ANYWHERE!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Deputy202
[quote name='terry' date='21 October 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1287718421' post='408308']

I left a lot of noseprints at various fire stations in our travels, including New Minas, N.S. I did find this brush breaker sitting out side the fire station. "Smokey" was built by Lewis R Benedict and looks like it will go ANYWHERE!

[/quote]

Holy smokes! I'd love to see that brush breaker in action.
All I can say is I have to put New Minas on the 'bucket' list! Holy crap, just when you think you've seen them all! NICE find Terry!!
While I have not photographed at Safety Boss in Alberta for several years, the following images represent some of their earlier units. Smokey I is a 1982 Superior/Peterbilt 840/650/200 3,000# of Purple K

This unit and its twin Smokey III were taken over to Kuwait to fight the major oil field fires there. It is my understanding that they were never brought back to Canada following this service.

Attached Files Image(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Dave's post:
  • Deputy202
Smokey II based at Drayton Valley, Alberta 1986 Superior/PB 1250/700/200 3,000# Purple K

This unit did not go to Kuwait.

Attached Files Image(s)

• Deputy202
Smokey V 1991 Superior/PB 1750/350/200 1,500# Purple K

Again, this never served in Kuwait. In fact, I think it was built after the Safety Boss crews had returned to Canada.

Attached Files Image(s)

• Deputy202
Unit #701 1987 Intercontinental Truck Body/FL 350/400/250 1,000# Purple K

Attached Files Image(s)

• Deputy202
Unit #202 1992 Pierce Lance/1995 General Body & Equipment 840/0/200 s/n #E7283-01

The chassis is from a Regina, Saskatchewan pumper that was burned at a fire.

Attached Files Image(s)

Unit #107 1993 Superior/PB 1995 ITB trailer

1750/2600/200 2,000# Purple K. Note that the pump panel cover is up. The graphics represent the Kuwait fires.

Attached Files Image(s)

• Deputy202
Big Dave do you have any more photos of safety Boss and can you please post your photos of Syncrude's refinery rigs please
that is all the photos I have of Safety Boss' rigs. I do not have permission to post any photos I have of Syncrude's apparatus.
Not sure what # in the Smokey series these are, but Maxi Metal a small regional builder in Quebec, has apparently built three new units for Safety Boss (if you scroll through the small photos at the top, it's the fourth or fifth truck show): http://www.maxiincendie.com/realisations.php
can everybody post their photos of Quebec City Rigs past and present and also any photos of Calgary's Sterling acterra Pumper tanker