Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
also can everyone please post their photos of refinery and industrial rigs they have shot
Here are a few more trucks from back east. Stewiacke, N.S. has a 2004 ALF Hub FL 80 1050/800/30F

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This parade rig was sitting in the sunshine when we happened by the fire station while looking for a place for lunch. Sometimes things go right! Shoot a truck, eat a lobster! 1929 LaFrance Type 145 Charlottetown, P.E.I.

I managed to shoot one other rig in Charlottetown as we headed out of town. E-4 is a 2003 Metalfab Spartan Advantage 1050/1500/25A

Annapolis Royal, N.S. E-2 is a 2004 Metalfab M2 1050/1000/30/30

On our way to Lunenburg we came across a number of ladies preparing for an evening supper in the hall that formed part of the volly fire station in the small town of Martins River. One of them was kind enough to call her hubby to come to the fire station to take the trucks out for me to photo (You want to do what? Why do you want to do that for?), and while we waited, was kind enough to serve us coffee and fresh baked cookies! Really nice generous friendly people, just a little puzzled as to why I wanted to photograph there fire trucks. Unit 4 of Martins River N.S. is a 2002? Metalfab FL 80 1050/950/50A

Rescue 3 in Martins River is a 2003 Lantz Body Ford F450 4x4 rescue

Quote:can everybody post their photos of Quebec City Rigs past and present and also any photos of Calgary's Sterling acterra Pumper tanker

Which Quebec City rigs ? Can you be more specific ?
any quebec city rigs you i heard they ran a pretty cool fleet from the begining to what they have currently and any and all photos you have will be fine
Terry can you please post all the unique fire fighting apparatus you have shot and anyone else to please that brush breaker is cool and i thought everyone might have photos of other stuff unique like that or different
[quote name='LFPDT75' date='23 October 2010 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1287847686' post='408440']

any quebec city rigs you i heard they ran a pretty cool fleet from the begining to what they have currently and any and all photos you have will be fine

[/quote]

I have a bunch of Quebec City and pre-amalgamation suburbs on my website at [url="http://www.firebuff.org/canada.htm"]Quebec and suburbs[/url] Ihave been trying to get down to Quebec City for the last couple of summers and have not made it. Maybe next summer.

Mark Bindman
also anyone posting photos of Quebec City rigs can you make sure the trucks outside of Station its not to offend anyone its just easier to see a good clear shot when the truck is outside then inside a dark station
Mark your quebec city photos are good but I would still like to see shots of Quebec city past and present rigs from everybody else on the forum
Here are a few more photos I managed to take while poking around some of the Maritimes. Lunenburg, N.S. R-2 is a 2002 Lantz Truck Body Fl rescue.

One of the first out pumpers in Lunenburg is this 1994 Metalfab GMC 5500 4x4 with 420/400/20 for specs.

Lunenburg has a 1994 E-1 Cyclone with 1250/500/25/75 ft. quint as the ladder truck. This was purchased used, but the firefighter who pulled the trucks out couldn't remember where it came from.

We spent a couple of days being tourists in Moncton, New Brunswick and since my wife and daughter were suffering from fire station fatigue I behaved and went shopping,dining and touring around the city. On our way to P.E.I. I was driving and somehow just by chance and without any preplanning on my part (so I told my wife) I happened across a fire station in Dieppe, just outside of Moncton. The captain in charge was really friendly and welcoming, and as he was one of the fire fighters who helped restore the parade, had some appreciation for folks wanting to photograph apparatus. He was willing to dump the hall for me but I only asked for three rigs, one of which was the restored pumper. The parade piece in Dieppe is a 1942 Bickle Seagrave pumper. I lost the other info on it though, as I was scribbling on bits of paper!

Dieppe engine #21 is a 2006 Carl Thibault Spartan Evolution 1500/1000/40/40

The last photo in this series is the P/T from Dieppe. Pumper/tanker #23 is a 2008 Metalfab Spartan Evolution 1050/2500/40F. Had a great time while visiting, met some really kind generous friendly people and would go back in a heartbeat!

Terry,

If you're ever down this way again, give me a shout. I'd be more than happy to show you around.

Bobby