Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles Fire Dept
[quote name='MattC' date='16 October 2010 - 06:30 AM' timestamp='1287223827' post='407388']

Is that an attack line coming off the drivers side of E21?

[/quote]

When I was at the Pierce Factory a few years ago, our rep told us that LA doesn't have actual pre-connects while I was looking at one of their rigs. They pull what the need and the driver connects to one of the 4 lower mounted discharges.
I have never seen a discharge mounted that low, but I guess it works. Thanks for the info.
[quote name='MattC' date='16 October 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1287270893' post='407442']

I have never seen a discharge mounted that low, but I guess it works. Thanks for the info.

[/quote]

The LAFD had the lower mounted discharges on the pump panel even going back to the Crown era.    

Here's a pic of Engine 88's pump panel(similar vintage to E21)
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Engine 4 in front of old Station 4 (which has since been demolished)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Engine 88 2003 Pierce Arrow XT

Support Utility 2

Truck 90 ALF/LTI Tiller

Rehab Air Tender 59

Foam 114 flowing water

Crash 114 doing a demo

[Image: 022_22.jpg]

Rear view shot of Engine 42 in action.
[Image: 020_20_edited.jpg]

Side view shot.
Any pics of the new KME's in service?
[quote name='tk1sq' date='04 November 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1288928209' post='410149']

Any pics of the new KME's in service?

[/quote]

http://www.emergencyrigs.net/viewphoto.asp?PhotoID=7241

The only photo I know of so far, The KME's have yet to hit the streets.
[quote name='JFong' date='16 October 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1287280847' post='407481']

Rehab Air Tender 59

[/quote]

Anyone know where I can get some additional information about this rig...other photos, capacities, interior photos?

Thanks in advance.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
[Image: IMG_1306.jpg]
[quote name='Roto-Ray' date='05 November 2010 - 04:35 AM' timestamp='1288955721' post='410159']

Anyone know where I can get some additional information about this rig...other photos, capacities, interior photos?

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

Not sure how many of these Rehab Air Tenders as they are called LAFD has, They have 1 that is stationed at the Department shops EA 1 and is manned by shop personnel not sure how the others are staffed.
[Image: IMG_1304.jpg]
[quote name='JFong' date='16 October 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1287280750' post='407479']

Support Utility 2

[/quote]

Volunteer Unit? This deserves an explanation.
What's to explain? Its a group of civillain volunteers who provide rehab services. The LAFD provided an old RA to use.