Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Is this a replacement for Hazmat's fire piece?
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
[quote name='capttomo' date='17 December 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1292599538' post='415242']

BUT Why ground ladders mounted on the roof....[/quote]

What truck are you talking about the Engine Co's as I did not see any ladders on any roofs. Please advise Thanks
Does anyone have any information on this one?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='cpage' date='18 December 2010 - 08:46 AM' timestamp='1292678771' post='415349']

What truck are you talking about the Engine Co's as I did not see any ladders on any roofs. Please advise Thanks

[/quote]

If you look at the production pics of the new rescues, they have ladders mounted on the roof.
[quote name='thom2943' date='18 December 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1292686534' post='415350']

Does anyone have any information on this one?

[/quote]

Ladder 10's CPC (Chemical Protective Clothing) unit, a 2001 Ford/Knapheide utility truck. Several of these CPC units are strategically located throughout the city, as the second pieces of Ladder Companies. They carry extra hazmat suits and equipment for use at Bio-Chemical incidents.
[quote name='rawhitejr' date='18 December 2010 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1292689316' post='415351']

If you look at the production pics of the new rescues, they have ladders mounted on the roof.

[/quote]

If memory is correct they carry a 14 foot roof ladder on top of the unit....
Jim Kay

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Fire Historian

Fire Buff

Photographer
just saw the production pics of Rescue 5 and was wondering why it has blue rear strobes ?!?
[quote name='bender' date='18 December 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1292702926' post='415390']

just saw the production pics of Rescue 5 and was wondering why it has blue rear strobes ?!?

[/quote]

Why not?
[quote name='rawhitejr' date='18 December 2010 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1292689316' post='415351']

[/quote]

That is not for ladders it is a tie down and rollers on the roof more then likely for the boats that all the rescue co have. They do have smaller ladders in the back under the bench seat I think a 14 foot roof and an attic ladder.

I think it states this in the info section on the page with the photos of the new rigs.

Chris
[quote name='danger' date='18 December 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1292704278' post='415391']

Why not?

[/quote]

As long I can remember FDNY never used blue lights on its rigs
New York State recently amended its laws regarding the use of blue lights. At one time only volunteer firefighters could display a blue light. After several studies/accidents the NY State Police pushed to have legislation changed to allow law enforcement vehicles display a blue light to the rear as it is more visible. This happened about 1 to 2 years ago. Within the last year the law was amended again to include fire vehicles, allowing them to display a blue light to the rear, EMS vehicles, through an omission are technically not allowed to display blue light to the rear. New York City was pretty quick to have rear facing blue lights installed on new police cars as they were ordered, and I guess FDNY is now doing the same.
[quote name='bender' date='18 December 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1292709577' post='415410']

As long I can remember FDNY never used blue lights on its rigs

[/quote]

If you check post #3737 on the previous page, it explains it.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
[quote name='cpage' date='18 December 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1292707414' post='415400']

That is not for ladders it is a tie down and rollers on the roof more then likely for the boats that all the rescue co have. They do have smaller ladders in the back under the bench seat I think a 14 foot roof and an attic ladder.

I think it states this in the info section on the page with the photos of the new rigs.

Chris

[/quote]

I think you are wrong, but since they have updated the pics on the website, I cannot prove my point. THERE WERE LADDERS ON THE ROOF OF THE BODY!! They may have been sitting there for a reason, OR they may have been mounted, BUT THEY WERE THERE....

If I am able to find the pics, I will show you what SOME of us saw.

Rob

BTW, NO disrespect intended....... I am NOT 100% positive....
[quote name='rawhitejr' date='18 December 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1292712342' post='415415']

I think you are wrong, but since they have updated the pics on the website, I cannot prove my point. THERE WERE LADDERS ON THE ROOF OF THE BODY!! They may have been sitting there for a reason, OR they may have been mounted, BUT THEY WERE THERE....

If I am able to find the pics, I will show you what SOME of us saw.

Rob

BTW, NO disrespect intended....... I am NOT 100% positive....

[/quote]

Yep, there was (guessing) a 24' 2 sections or similar, and maybe a 16' single (roof).
[quote name='grumpyFF' date='18 December 2010 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1292712009' post='415412']

New York State recently amended its laws regarding the use of blue lights. At one time only volunteer firefighters could display a blue light. After several studies/accidents the NY State Police pushed to have legislation changed to allow law enforcement vehicles display a blue light to the rear as it is more visible. This happened about 1 to 2 years ago. Within the last year the law was amended again to include fire vehicles, allowing them to display a blue light to the rear, EMS vehicles, through an omission are technically not allowed to display blue light to the rear. New York City was pretty quick to have rear facing blue lights installed on new police cars as they were ordered, and I guess FDNY is now doing the same.

[/quote]

I may be wrong, but didn't at least one of the rescue companies put blue LED's on the rear behind a yelloy lense? It might have been shot after the law was changed, but I'm pretty sure that I saw it.

[quote name='firescooby' date='18 December 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1292714946' post='415421']

Yep, there was (guessing) a 24' 2 sections or similar, and maybe a 16' single (roof).

[/quote]

I thought the same thing about the ladders, but it does say "Lumber & Ladder Compartment" and "Stainless Steel Rollers on the Roof". Too bad the pictures have been changed, we may not know until the first one hits the streets.
rescue 2 has blue lense covers on there rear amber leds.....blue is there company designation anyway
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
[quote name='goon16' date='19 December 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1292800768' post='415542']

rescue 2 has blue lense covers on there rear amber leds.....blue is there company designation anyway

[/quote]

Thank you, I just went back to you tube to see for myself and you are correct. Blue lenses over Yellow LED's.
no prob bro
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
Hows the color on that lit up.. I gotta think theres a tinge of green there... blue over amber ..
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Tubf6Ic2g"]Here[/url] is a like so you can see for yourself. It does have a green tint to it, but it doesnt look too bad if you ask me.