Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: 100_6336a.jpg]

1993 TCM-Spartan-LTI 75' MM Truck 10 Dallas, TX

Right Side View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

First...great pictures as always.

Second...I am confused. You said T10 is "new company". Didn't they have a brand new '09 Spartan/Crimson slated for them that went to T17 instead which was supposed to replace a '00 Spartan/Quality/AI rig that was Ex-T07 and which went to T56?

Thanks in advance for clarification.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='1961MackC95' date='07 January 2011 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1294444960' post='419153']

[Image: 100_6327.jpg]

1993 TCM-Spartan-LTI 75' MM Truck 10 Dallas, TX

Truck 10 is a new company that was established on 1-1-11. The current unit is a reserve that will serve until placement into service of a new Spartan-Crimson 103' TDA sometime this spring.

Left Front View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=69928]

[/quote]

Sweet Rig, i bet the DD motor sounds outstanding!!!
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='Ladder 68' date='07 January 2011 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1294453620' post='419174']

First...great pictures as always.

Second...I am confused. You said T10 is "new company". Didn't they have a brand new '09 Spartan/Crimson slated for them that went to T17 instead which was supposed to replace a '00 Spartan/Quality/AI rig that was Ex-T07 and which went to T56?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

[/quote]

Larry:

Thanks for the compliments on the pictures.

The straight stick that you saw lettered for T 10 that went to T 17 was supposed to go in service at 10 back in the spring/summer. Subsequently, a decision was made to hold off placing Truck 10 into service until after 10-1-10 which is the beginning of the fiscal year in Dallas. Prior to 10-1-10, a decision was made that Truck 10 needed a TDA so the straight stick was sent to T 17 which needed a new aerial. A TDA was ordered for Truck 10.

Truck 7 was over at Station 10 during the summer while the building at 7 was being worked on. It still ran as Truck 7. I apologize for any confusion.

By chance I have misinformed on this matter, I am sure Mr. Hansen will offer his informative and insightful comments.

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

Great and thanks. Makes sense. Musical fire trucks that I think every department does at some time.

For clarification is T07 still running the '00 Spartan/Quality/AI 100' rig? I ask because I thought I read somewhere that it went to T56.

Thanks in advance.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' date='08 January 2011 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1294514487' post='419314']

Great and thanks. Makes sense. Musical fire trucks that I think every department does at some time.

For clarification is T07 still running the '00 Spartan/Quality/AI 100' rig? I ask because I thought I read somewhere that it went to T56.

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

Larry:

On page 20 of this thread is the new T 56, formerly T 7. The stats on it were taken off of the build plate.

Truck 7 is no longer in service.

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

Perfect and thanks for the update.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
Eric Hansen and I got a few shots of some of the new rigs down at the shops last week that will soon hit the streets along with a surprise rig from yesteryear. First up is Truck 26, a 2011 Spartan/Crimson, 103 ft. A 2nd Truck is going to Sta. 15.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Next up is Truck 10, a 2011 Spartan/ Crimson 103 ft tiller. The only tiller with this order. One thing we learned was that when a station with a truck co. is due for a new one, the shop manager gives the station officer's the choice of a tiller, rear mount stick, or mid mount tower for their station since they know that districts and what would work best for them.

Next is Eng. 42, a 2011 Spartan/Crimson, 1500/500/15A/30B. This is one of 9 new engines. The others are going to Sta.6, 25, 49, 36,23, 39, 20, 43.

Here's a group shot the shop folks asked for.

Lastly , we ran into this golden oldie while we were their. It was donated to DFD by the Preston, Texas Vol. Fire Dept. The shop manager said it runs fine- they drove it back to Dallas, the only real problem with it is a hole in the basket. It was ex.- Duncanville, Tx 1977 WLF/ Hi Ranger, 75 ft snorkel. They plan on restoring it and turning it into old DFD Truck 47. Here are some pics of it now and back then along with DFD old T-47.

Here is the snorkel when it was in Duncanville.

Here is the old DFD Truck 47, a 1972 WLF/ Hi Ranger, 75 ft.

[quote name='biotelbob' timestamp='1309875067' post='446934']

One thing we learned was that when a station with a truck co. is due for a new one, the shop manager gives the station officer's the choice of a tiller, rear mount stick, or mid mount tower for their station since they know that districts and what would work best for them.

[/quote]

Imagine that!!
Bob:

Great shots as always.

I have been by Station 10-looks like that tiller will be a tight fit, lengthwise.

Thanks for the heads up on the company assignments. Now, the big question will be when will they be at their respective stations?

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

Excellent shots, I really like the new Engines, not to big and over the top, well done. I tip my hat to the department for allowing the Captains to chose the rigs, rather than trying to make something work, how refreshing.

That straight stick for 26 certainly looks like it has a high center of gravity though ?